Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Drag images to other layers?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    I always knew you weren't normal... Attachment 98401
    You do know which "big" city I live near, don't you? It has a motto that probably fits me, too.

Default Re: Drag images to other layers?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Simulate Print Colors gives an idea of how the colors will lose their saturation and intensity. And it gives you a heads up that some colors will shift warmer or cooler and some with become very muted. It is by no means perfect but I have found it gives me a pretty good preview. And when I compare the hundreds of images I have had printed in my stereogram books and our Japanese TJ MOOK magazine series, I would say the printed output is reasonably close to how I expected it to turn out. There have been very few surprises.
    I think the key is, Gary, that you have enough experience to anticipate the amount/degree of shift.

Attached is a screen shot demonstrating a Pantone I am using in an ad.

On the left is Pantone's Color Manager software showing the color. It is a color managed application. Middle is Acrobat, which again ties both the monitor profile and print profile together for viewing (like the Pantone software). On the right is XDP with Simulate Print Colors turned on. If XDP has this turned off, the color is decidedly more red.

I would like if at the least, Xara Designer Pro was color managed. It is the "flag ship" product.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000530.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	98417