Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Product for Logo Design

Can anyone advise the best product for Logo Design? I use WD6, so am interested in other Xara graphics products. Mostly for logo design I currently use Photoshop & Inkscape. WD6 exports transparency in .png files with a coloured background which is a bit of a problem... So it would have to be capable of saving transparency also

Thanks for suggestions

Default Re: Best Product for Logo Design

I can't speak for WD6 but the current version of Designer Pro exports with transparency, no problem.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Megg81 View Post
    WD6 exports transparency in .png files with a coloured background which is a bit of a problem...
    Exporting PNG True color + Alpha results in the same output from WD6 as it does from all other Xara Designer products.
    ie; No coloured backgrounds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-25_205651.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	98267  

I prefer Designer Pro. It has all the tools and features so you can design, edit photos, and create websites.

And it is the most customizable of the group. These logos were all created and designed in Xara Designer Pro or its predecessors. http://www.gwpriester.com/Logo-Design.html (and the website as well).

Are there any options from Xara that are more affordable than Designer Pro?

Photo & Graphic Designer 9. It has most of the drawing tools and features.

Gary--is P&GD9 capable of CMYK output? If not, is the new P&LD viable for designing and output in CMYK?

Megg81

Can anyone advise the best product for Logo Design? I use WD6, so am interested in other Xara graphics products. Mostly for logo design I currently use Photoshop & Inkscape. WD6 exports transparency in .png files with a coloured background which is a bit of a problem... So it would have to be capable of saving transparency also
    Not sure if CMYK was part of the OPs question Mike. But upon examination, in PDF, No. The native color space is RGB. But you can export a CMYK TIFF file.

With transparency? No. But PNG with transparency? Yes. (And sledger has already addressed the PNG transparency question.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cmyk.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	98340  

Xara Designer Pro X9
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Without diminishing Xara (I use it) there is a program by LaughingBird Software called The Logo Creator which is quite unique if your budget is as small as mine. Watch the demo videos. It is football fields away from what Xara can do but can be useful for quick graphics.