Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some questions

Default Some questions

I've been busy learning PhotoShop for awhile and now I've started doing a few Xara tuts to refresh my memory. I use Designer Pro X and had a few problems with the tut I was doing. This is no tut problems, it's just general Xara problems. First of all, when I was doing a linear fill, the directions said that to add another arrow station (node) by double clicking on the arrow.
    Double click on the lower fill path arrow with the Fill Tool to add an additional color station.
    This did not work for me. So I never really got the colors I wanted, had to take what I could get. So how can I add the arrow stations if not like that?

2. I've never been able to use the crop tool. It won't make a line around my image. I've read and re-read the help page and still can't get it to work.

3. When I am done with my creations/project, must I always save it unmerged? The only way I can find to merge it is to group it. Is there another way?

I hope this is not too much to ask but I'm going to start another tutorial and don't want to run into the same things again! Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Default Re: Some questions

What tutorial. One of mine?

Double click on the fill path arrow with the Fill Tool and this will add an additional control point to which you can add an additional color.

Hi,
    well if I understand you in what you want here is my experience. When doing a linear fill you have two nodes a tart and an end, now to add another color to the gradient click somewhere between the start and the end color along the path displayed this adds another node where you can then add your color, moving that 'node' adjust the positions of the color added and the subsequent gradient changes.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by coldwetnoz View Post

3. When I am done with my creations/project, must I always save it unmerged? The only way I can find to merge it is to group it. Is there another way?

Thanks.
    Why would you want to "merge" your creations when finished? What is the advantage in doing so?
    Tony

Coldwetnoz Draw your object click on the fill tool. Left click and hold the click and drag from side to side, or up and down. You should have a start and an end point for the fill, you do not have to go to the edges. With the fill tool still selected double click on the line you made, sometimes I have to slow my click speed down, and add more points. Hope this Helps.
    The crop tool starts with the entire picture selected and you scale it down from there. You do not have to drag it to size first it is already the full size of the picture. Start with a picture select the picture click crop the entire picture is in the crop.
    Richard

Thanks for all the quick replies. Gary, this is the tut: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook12/page_3.htm, a simple one to get me started back The linear fill on the flame is the one that gave me trouble. No matter how I clicked or where I clicked or how many times I clicked, I could not get another control point on the arrow. I just had to make do.

Merging a finished image is just the way I've always done it in other graphics software. But I guess if it doesn't matter, I'll not worry about it.

Still confused about the crop tool, but I'll keep trying.

Thanks again

2. I've never been able to use the crop tool. It won't make a line around my image. I've read and re-read the help page and still can't get it to work.
    The crop (clipping) tool is for raster images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crop.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	98368  

Well, that's good info to know. In Xara, can you change a vector to a raster like in other software?
    Thank you.

Create Bitmap Copy (ctrl+shift+c)

coldwetnoz, is this the part giving you trouble?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flame.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	98375

You might try pulling the arrows way out and see if that helps you click on the line, if it does then add your new color station then bring them closer together again. I don't know if that will help but it might.

EDIT: Click on the line not the arrow head.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.