Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default EPS Picture Error...

Hi All

wondering if you can help me please... when I import an EPS file I get the following error 'Error detected in EPS file at line 9005 [2]'. Now usually I would think from an error like that it must be in the saved file but... at the top of that message it says 'Error from Xara Web Designer 9 Premium' which leads me to think its the program not file. I find this odd as Xara's program is a vector based program and EPS is a vector based file...

I've tried importing my graphic as a PDF and whilst I can edit the graphic the colors all go to pot which makes it not a good option. So any idea on what is actually causing the above error?

Thank you!

Default Re: EPS Picture Error...

Not all EPS are created equal. And yes, the message is 'from' Xara Web Designer' not an error 'of' Web Designer. Web Designer is just the messenger, telling you it can't recognise the EPS this time...

EPS isn't strictly vector by the way.
    It's a mish mash of text, graphic and image data in a postcript wrapper for postscript printers (hence the chances of coming across some that just don't make sense to the Xara import filter).
    http://www.techterms.com/definition/eps

thank you

The EPS filter is long in the tooth. It is one of those things that should have been updated years ago. The EPS file you have is likely just a newer version that Xara cannot read.

If you want to post a links to it or zip it up and attach it here--and assuming it is not a damaged file--I would be glad to convert it for you.

Mike

I also have an EPS file from the Vector Magic site that won't load into XP9

Upload it and I will convert it for you if you would like. Should compress down well into a ZIP file.

Quote Originally Posted by richinri View Post
    I also have an EPS file from the Vector Magic site that won't load into XP9
    I alway save as PDF from VM. This opens fine in Xara Designer.