Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Web Designer 7 YouTube Widget Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by advantagevideo View Post
    I have used the YouTube widget for 10 videos on my site when I first put it together about a year and a half ago, and now I am trying to add another video and all I get is a blank white box when I insert the embedded link. I am doing everything the same, and I also notice when I choose custom size for my embedded link, at 250 pixels wide, the height is 188 instead of about 140 for my older videos. What do I need to do to get my YouTube widget working correctly?
    another solution is to download the video using YTD Video Downloader @ www.ytddownloader.com - you just insert the video's url into the ytd window and it downloads to your hard disk in MP4 format and then gives you options to convert to WMV, AVI, OR MP3 ( I got this info from the May 2013 Computer Active Mag) I find it very handy

This is a bad idea.
    Downloading videos that don't belong to you in the first place then hosting them on your own website is a potential massive copyright violation.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    This is a bad idea.
    Downloading videos that don't belong to you in the first place then hosting them on your own website is a potential massive copyright violation.
    You are right sledger - I should have made that point clear - on the other hand if you have permission to do it ( as my client has) its very useful

I have had the same trouble with the youtube embed code from youtube and have realized that youtube have taken out the http: from their address.
    So will xara be doing an update to fix the youtube widget in the future, I have web designer 7 premium please.....

It is fixed in version 9

I am using Xara Web Designer MX Premium 8 and created a website at the beginning of last year. It is a very big site with well over 400 pages ~ I have had to create many small websites and have linked them that way.

It is basically a lyric site for a artist and on each page of lyrics for a particular song I have a Youtube (that I created and is currently on my YouTube account) video. When I created the site, I originally used the widget and it connected to my YouTube account and so inserted the video on my website in that way. When I created a new page for a new song with lyrics using the duplicated feature, I would just click on the video in the website where it said "Widget Edit" and I was automatically taken to my YouTube account and I would choose one of my videos and added the code and it would be automatically there and I could preview the page, play the video and then once finish. I would upload my pages using a FTP client.

Well, around 5 months have past as I was very sick, I decided to try continuing on my web page. This time, when opening Xara Web Designer, I went to my last page entered, duplicated the page.. did all the renaming, tags etc.
    Then on the video I did exactly what I did 5 months ago but now when clicking "Widget EDIT" I get a message that reads....

"Can't find details of widget "YouTube".
    This could be because you're not connected to the Internet (which I am) or because the widget has been disconnected.
    Click the Help button for more information"

When I do read through it tells me to do what I was originally doing.
    Does this mean I can't have a YouTube video on my site? Because that would be very sad as it took me months to create this site this far and I am not even half way yet!!!

Sorry for being long winded, but I wanted to try give you all the information as possible. Please can someone tell me what I should do next as I am stumped and would really like to continue with my website.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter,
    Greg

I have read every post on this thread and noticed some reasons why.... But the options to fix it, did not work for me...

Does this mean I would have to buy Version 9?

I just need an option. Thanks.
    Greg

~Fred