Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default search for unwanted font used

Sorry, I don't know where to post this... (I'm 73)

I'm using wd8 prem and started using one of the templates.
    Somehow I've used (not wanting to) a font "OPEN SYMBOL" and don't know how to search my 10 pg site how to find it.

Is there a way to pull up my published site and do a search in the htm source code?

EvangelismGold.com

Signed:
    I think it's haunted or on pms. .grin.
    Gramps
    Hillsboro OH USA

Default Re: search for unwanted font used

My guess is by the name of the font that it is used for symbols. So look for symbols and then select them with the text tool and see if they are using this font.

Or open up the names gallery and then click on each page in the page and layer gallery - you should see the font name show in the used fonts.

You can then select it from there and change it if you want.

Christine

SOLVED!

I found the answer.
    1. The way I create additional pages is to duplicate the previous one. I also confirmed the template I'm using doesn't have the offending font.
    2. When these pgs are created by duplication, if there is an unwanted font in JUST ONE PAGE, ALL the pgs show the offending font, even though the font might not be used on that specific page.
    3. So what I did was ON A BACKUP COPY one at a time I deleted the last pg, till the offending font disappeared (on all the pages).
    4. The offending page had a list of BULLETED items ==that I had pasted from another program!== In that list was where the OPEN SYMBOLS font was being used.
    5. I'll stuff the list back in (as unformatted text) and then use Xara to format to bullets.

Thanks guys/gals for putting up with this old coddger! I started writing code on a Radio Shack Color Computer .whew.
    Gramps