Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Allowing visitors to comment ?

I'm using Xara MX Is there a way of setting up a site that allows visitors to post comments, either by registering or just leave a comment without registering? Thanks

Default Re: Allowing visitors to comment ?

The simplest method is to add an e-mail link.

You can also add a form. There are several form widgets in the Designs Gallery.

And there are various third party guest book applications that can be added via a placeholder.

Is the comment in response to a blog entry or just a general comment, if it is the latter then Gary's suggestion of email might be a good idea, if you want to be able to show the comments then a shoutbox might be a good idea, try http://www.shoutmix.com/v3/ it integrates well with xara.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Shoutmix looks cool. The biggest problem with something like this is people who visit the site and then post obscene or unkind remarks.

Shoutmix has a 'profanity filter' built in. But you are right and that would apply to any comment based system, unless of course posts are moderated before being posted, which itself throws up more headaches.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I have used Shoutbox in a community web site and it worked using WD 6. Had to write a bit of code to get it working but blow me can't remember what as it was 3 years ago. Think it was in the management of it but can't be sure and gave the site to a person to manage it so can't download the site now. I do have a copy of the site in a external drive to will try and have a look sometime today.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've used HTMLcommentbox it's easy to use and free. All you need is a Google account (which is also free)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

But see post#4
    I removed all my HTMLcomment box uses after the (growing population of) internet low-lifes felt it their duty to just post abusive remarks.
    I think trolls breed like rabbits on the web..