Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Client can edit specific area of website remotely

They cannot make a mess, all they can edit is the element which is added with stiqr, they do not have access to anything else. When the information is added you simply save the template so that if they ever mess up they simply click 'load my templates' and everything is back to the way it should be.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

What I meant was that when they do make a mess and want it put right as they want it, you can charge. Going back to the original situation doesn't achieve what they want.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

@Skech: could stiqr be integrated with in a Xara site in an iframe? Can you tell us a bit more about how you have used this to give a client an editable area on a page of their site without affecting the rest of the page.

How would you set this up and then turn it over to the client?

I've just had a look and there doesn't appear to be any links that lead to a sign up/ sign in page, and the last post they made on their FB page was back in December.
    Last edited by angelize; 16 August 2013 at 08:23 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Try it out.
    Add this code to a body placeholder and send it to the back:

Code:
    <script language="javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script language="javascript" src="http://load.stiqr.com/sticker/api"></script>
    Publish your page, then visit it in your browser and press SHIFT+F2
    Enter your email address then choose a password.
    You may then play with what it offers and see for yourself if it's likely to be a suitable solution.

you mean I have to actually set it up and publish a page live before I can log in and customize it ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Yes.
    Create a page (template) that has blank areas for adding/editing in Stiqr.
    Publish it with that code mentioned and follow the instructions.
    You can't edit the content you created in Designer once published.

Ok I see how this works and I did have a play with it. To restrict the edits to a certain area of the page you do need to set up a page for editing and embed that page via an iframe. The client would need a direct link to the editing page and log in details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Back to the php method I mentioned at the beginning. I have found clients much more intimidated with CMS methods than just having them do a quick jpg and upload it via FTP. Most clients are nervous about making changes but this question involved a client who wasn't and I am yet to see a CMS that isn't more complicated than the method I suggested. The sticklr suggestion certainly looked interesting but that is much more complicated. My suggestion was to only allow the edit of one area. Also, I think it is obvious, since they are using remote servers, that there will be a regular charge coming with this software soon. Either way, there are ways to do sites where clients can edit it.