Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer 9 - upgrade from 8

I finally downloaded the 64 bit version for trial. When I opened a site I developed in Designer Pro X the first thing I noticed was a graphic that had live effects applied did not have the live effects in the new program. Can anyone tell me if this is a one off or whether there is a list of features not in the new program that were there in the old. I don't want to publish a site and have people report problems and I don't want to validate every prior version feature.

Thanks...Gary

Default Re: Designer 9 - upgrade from 8

The 64-bit version does not support 32-bit photoshop compatible plugins.

My avatar was created in the 32-bit version and when I brought it in the 64-bit version the fisheye effect was flattened. But I kind of liked the look better. Kind of an Americana look.

You get both versions of the program and to be honest, unless you are working with a large website that is a memory hog, you are better off with the 32-bit version.

Default Re: Designer 9 - upgrade from 8

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The 64-bit version does not support 32-bit photoshop compatible plugins.

My avatar was created in the 32-bit version and when I brought it in the 64-bit version the fisheye effect was flattened. But I kind of liked the look better. Kind of an Americana look.

You get both versions of the program and to be honest, unless you are working with a large website that is a memory hog, you are better off with the 32-bit version.
    Thanks Gary for fast response. I will download the 32 bit version for testing. Not sure if the upgrade price ends tonight. Will have to check.

Thanks......Gary (the other one!)