Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: When I Erase Background for a bitmap and export to PDF, the outline looks terribl

I did have to cheat a little by adding white under the eyeballs and highlight on the nose in order to eliminate the white fringe around the bottom of the rat.

Time. About 3 minutes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: When I Erase Background for a bitmap and export to PDF, the outline looks terribl

Isn't this OT from the problem being reported?

Pete, threads drift.

But no, I don't believe these posts are OT. They demonstrate that the background erase does work and one can get good results if one knows what to do. The OP supplied no file, I added one. And it isn't an easy file for whatever reason.

Early on, I believe Gary suggested the zooming issue in the PDF. Luke confirmed it.

OT, nah.

Fair enough - yes it was me in post 18

Ah, thanks for the correction, Pete.

Using a phone for responding has certain drawbacks. In a desktop browser I would have had another tab open to look back to see who wrote what.

Mike

Mike - Are you using the new combination of Mask Painter + Erase Tool > Background Erase? Or the version in Designer Pro X, Color Select/Erase?

Because Color Select/Erase does not do a very good job and I think that might have been the point of the original post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I did have to cheat a little by adding white under the eyeballs and highlight on the nose in order to eliminate the white fringe around the bottom of the rat.

Time. About 3 minutes.
    Yeah, it's a hard little bugger to do, isn't it?

Yours is far, far better than my attempt in XDP and in less time. Still some holes in the ears, too. Frances' looked pretty darn good from the captures. I'm impressed. Thanks for playing along, Gary.

OK, I cheated. After 20 minutes of masking & erasing I got a lousy result.
    I then used http://clippingmagic.com/, which took 20 seconds and exceeded my dire effort. a ratio of 60 to 1 for time and 20 to 1 for quality.

I know what I'm now using.

Acorn

Mike - Are you using the new combination of Mask Painter + Erase Tool > Background Erase? Or the version in Designer Pro X, Color Select/Erase?

Because Color Select/Erase does not do a very good job and I think that might have been the point of the original post in this thread.
    Yes, Color Select/Erase. But I tried both the options you mention. And like I wrote, I couldn't get any satisfaction from either means. I used another application for my samples (like I mentioned).

From Frances' example--whichever method she used (still on the phone and looking back is a pita)--she got good results from what I remember.

Gary, the point of the OP was found and shown clearly by Luke here