Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: When I Erase Background for a bitmap and export to PDF, the outline looks terribl

Default Re: When I Erase Background for a bitmap and export to PDF, the outline looks terribl

Quote Originally Posted by M4R5 View Post
    Speaking of lying, that doesn't look like you use the Erase Background tool at all. It looks like you drew around the object to remove the background. You like dots, so "...?"

And yes, "Erase Background" is different to "erase background".
    Sorry, you didn't mention the 'Erase Background Tool' in your first post or the title, so I erased the background with the background eraser tool (manually) instead of erasing the background with the background eraser tool (automatically)..
    Not good at reading minds, but I'm OK at trying things out to see where the problem maybe lies.

So, for the fun of it all, attached is an example using the 'Erase Background Tool' (automatic)

Now, aside from your View Quality settings, I'll ask if you have set the softness and smoothing sliders?
    All these parameters can make a difference to your results.

Can you post your .xar file and let others see if they can repeat the result you are getting?
    Attached Files Attached Files

storm ina teacup
    if this was massive problem wouldnt there be more people screaming
    i just tried it
    works fine for me
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Sorry, you didn't mention the 'Erase Background Tool' in your first post or the title...
    As I already said, capital letters = name. I think that's quite well known, even in America. It is right there in the title where you said it wasn't.

Your input isn't wanted. Since the day I joined it hasn't been wanted. Go away. It' obvious that you only post to aggravate.

Despite numerous requests you've still not provided an example that you're working on so others can see if they can help you. Please upload a file.

Your last rely was neither helpful or polite when others have been both to you to try to help you.

Please upload your .xar file that you're working on, or a cut down version of so others can try to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Despite numerous requests you've still not provided an example that you're working on so others can see if they can help you. Please upload a file.
    I've uploaded 3 shots, genius. Go and have a go at Sledger for a change and then look up "provocation". Actually, look up the word first.

No, the work is confidential. Shock! Someone is using Xara for actual work and has contracts. Unheard of is it? Granted not a major part of the work, just a utility. Still stand though, as surprising at it seems that is for you.

Since no-one here seems capable of using the Erase Background function, nor is anyone apparently aware of Xara's long standing problems with exporting alpha-transparency, I doubt this thread is going to go anywhere.

I would have thought that drawing round an orange and saving as PDF would be quicker than typing a paragraph, but apparently not. I'm not doing that, cos I don't want to converse with people who require that level of spoon-feeding, just so they can say "oh yeah". I suggest you all sit back and pretend Xara is perfect some more. Any problems are made-up, niche, and if you find one then it's not what Xara was intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by M4R5 View Post
    I've uploaded 3 shots, genius.
    What you've uploaded is a screenshot, not a .xar file that you're working on so others can see if they can help you. If you don't want to upload it in a public arena then please send the file to the support team

I've had a look at trying to reproduce the problem you've seen (as far as I can without seeing what exactly you have done) and think I can see the problem you're having.

1. Are you exporting the PDF as High Quality PDF?

2. If you change the zoom level in the exported PDF does this change at all?

think I can see the problem you're having.

Bad attitude?

The erase background tool leaves a fringe around the background. I cannot argue with that.

But if your concern is achieving a clean edge, then download and try out the improved erase background feature in the Photo & Graphic Designer 9 or Designer Pro X9. (See this page http://xaraxone.magix.net/PGD9/page%203.htm). I use this feature all the time when I am creating overlays for my published stereogram images and a clean outline is essential. It works well for me.

People in this forum are doing their best to help you, including sledger. In exchange, it is not asking too much for you to make an attempt to be civil as well.