Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default When I Erase Background for a bitmap and export to PDF, the outline looks terrible.

I think this is related to Xara's inability to export alpha transparency properly. I've talked about this before, somewhere. Feel free to find the old post.

The thing is, without a decent export the feature is largely useless isn't it? .Xar is almost never the destination format.

I can get round the edges issue by printing to PDF instead of exporting, but then the bounds of the original bitmaps are visible. So neither solution is any good at all. Surely this is a massive problem?

Cheers

Default Re: When I Erase Background for a bitmap and export to PDF, the outline looks terribl

A picture/example is worth a thousand words, and all that.

Default Re: When I Erase Background for a bitmap and export to PDF, the outline looks terribl

have you tried create bitmap copy before exporting to pdf?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by M4R5 View Post
    I think this is related to Xara's inability to export alpha transparency properly. I've talked about this before, somewhere. Feel free to find the old post.
    The thing is, without a decent export the feature is largely useless isn't it?
    Huh? Where's your proof?
    Works perfectly fine for me...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Huh? Where's your proof?
    Works perfectly fine for me...
    Use a dark background.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    A picture/example is worth a thousand words, and all that.
    Name:  1.PNG
Views: 253
Size:  1.9 KB Name:  2.PNG
Views: 220
Size:  2.8 KB Name:  3.PNG
Views: 250
Size:  2.7 KB

Here you can see from left to right; Xara, Export to PDF, Print to PDF. Notice on the Print to PDF that the background changes colour. You might need a decent monitor to see this, but you can always sample the grey at the left and right of the image. Both exports look pretty bad though.

Dark background..

PS: You do have your view quality set to VHQ right?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dark background..

Clearly I'm lying then. How about you just get off my thread? As always. Just put me on your ignore list already so that you don't forget?

M4R5 chill out, for goodness sake.

Dark background..

Speaking of lying, that doesn't look like you use the Erase Background tool at all. It looks like you drew around the object to remove the background. You like dots, so "...?"

And yes, "Erase Background" is different to "erase background".