Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A bird goes into a pub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-EK6ypq8vhA
    The bird was a result of messing about with one of the eagle clip art pictues on XPGD7 and the photo was taken with an Alcatel OT-903 and I actually go into the pub. I only put this up in response to a PM from thr UKKIPPY.com forum mods so it's not the actual version.

Default Re: A bird goes into a pub

...and the point of this is...?
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

It's a poor excuse to say the bird is stuck with wings outstretched - you have xara software that can easily be used to make the bird fold it's wings.

I've thought about that but it might take a bit of work as I only have photo and graphic designer 7 but I'll see what I can do...

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    It's a poor excuse to say the bird is stuck with wings outstretched - you have xara software that can easily be used to make the bird fold it's wings.
    You're right but the right wing's stuck to the torso so it'll have to be the left wing that'll be be folded (I actually go into the pub in the background).

it might take a bit of work

It would take a small amount of work. I think you're in a complete rut at the moment, doing the same thing again and again. You need to progress.

I only have photo and graphic designer 7

It's more than capable. Your Xara software is far more modern than mine.

Forget about software versions, camera versions, nobody cares. Nobody cares where the clipart comes from. Nobody cares what software is used to make an animation.

Get on with learning something new. Make the bird fold it's wings - it doesn't need to be sophisticated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foldingwing.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	97879  
    Attached Files Attached Files

it might take a bit of work

It would take a small amount of work. I think you're in a complete rut at the moment, doing the same thing again and again. You need to progress.

I only have photo and graphic designer 7

It's more than capable. Your Xara software is far more modern than mine.

Forget about software versions, camera versions, nobody cares. Nobody cares where the clipart comes from. Nobody cares what software is used to make an animation.

Get on with learning something new. Make the bird fold it's wings - it doesn't need to be sophisticated.
    I had some success with the leftwing. Anyway, it's the sheer crudeness that gives my animations their character, sort of like CB did in Britain during the 80s. Once it became mainstream and legalised it lost it's appeal. Now you look at Yellow Submarine or Terry Gilliam's Monty Python animations and you might see what I'm getting at with my style. What I want to do is do a lager based psychedellic video combing clip art, photography, graphics, text and video shot on my android mobile phone (You've got to check the Camera MX, Video Illusion camera effects/ Thermal Vision and video FX apps out). I can animate the psychedllic backgrounds by using fills, animate warping text and 3d shapes and animate text.
    Another great thing about being a bedroom animator is that I don't have time or budget restraints and I can find my own voice.
    Like I was telling one of the media students at work the other day, have you seen how much After Effects, Coreldraw/paint/Illustrator/Photoshop (and this is before the Photoshop books) costs?
    makes me glad I'm a hobbyist without budget and time restraints.
    If you use an Android phone try the apps I've reccomended out.

Like I was telling one of the media students at work the other day, have you seen how much After Effects, Coreldraw/paint/Illustrator/Photoshop (and this is before the Photoshop books) costs?

I think we all know how much it costs.

By all means develop your own style, but don't be surprised if your interpretation of psychedelic on a theme of lager gets boring and predictable very quickly.

I have no interest in any of the software packages that you keep on mentioning.

I hope you continue to enjoy what you do, but I wish you'd move on to a better theme and focus less on recommending packages and concentrate more on getting to use the Xara software you have already.

don't be surprised if your interpretation of psychedelic on a theme of lager gets boring and predictable very quickly
    ive had a long hard and expensive weekend
    thank you for lightening it with that little gem paul
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

[B]

By all means develop your own style, I hope you continue to enjoy what you do, .
    You're right about me enjoying it, isn't that all that matters on the end?