Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default combine 2 lines together

Sorry but I've not used Xara in ages and can't remember how (or even if it's possible) to join two lines together. I was using the freehand tool with trace mode enabled to roughlty trace around an object in a jpeg image so I zoomed in on the object in the image I wanted to trace to get better precision. This meant the image was larger than my monitor and I had to trace a bit, press space bar, pan a bit, press space bar to get back to freehand tool, move over end of line to get little '+' sign to continue drawing existing line etc. But on one of the times I must have not got the '+' so was actually drawing a new line and not a continuation of the existing - hence need to get these 2 to join together. Ramble over, time for bed. night night.
    Grant

Default Re: combine 2 lines together

select both lines
    change to shape editor
    click drag to select the two end points/nodes
    click on and drag one end point to the other until you see the plus come up
    let go
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

To clarify, the two end points that are connected. A small plus will appear to let you know the two segments are about to become one.

An easy way to tell that you have actually joined them aside from the + sigh is to change the color of one (or more if you have multiple unjoined lines) then when the two are joined they both become the same color.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Cheers - just what I needed, mant thanks. Larry - nice tip on changing the line colour before-hand!
    Grant