Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems publishing changes

Hi!
    So, I finally got my websites finished and published them. Of course, after checking them both a million times for mistakes, as soon as I published them (into internetland) I spotted some things I wanted to change. I changed them, then exported, then published... and... what I wanted to change has not changed but randomly the colour of one of the pages has changed. I went back to the version on my computer to see if I'd altered something by accident, but I can't see anything. And, when I preview the page that has changed colour through the software then that is the same as it always was (with no change).

Does anyone have any ideas and suggestions how to fix it?
    Bear in mind that I have very little knowledge of how this all works, so answers in idiot language would be good, please!

The website with the problem is www.alpinefreedom.co.uk
    What I changed was: Website link colour, visited = at the moment, this is purple and I wanted to change it to a different colour that is readable. I changed this on both the German and English versions, the German one works, the English one doesn't.
    And, the random page colour change is on the Contact page.

www.alpenfreiheit.com is a German version of the same website where everything is working as I want it.

Many thanks,
    Sara

Default Re: Problems publishing changes

I'm not seeing any problems, Sara.

Often when you review your published changes, your browser loads a cached version of the page instead of the changes. Browsers do this to speed up the page display.

You can force the page to reload or refresh, press F5, or Ctrl + F5.

Thank you for looking.
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean... To me it is still not right.

I've tried reloading the page...
    I tried looking at it on a different computer...
    I tried looking on my phone...
    On all of them the alpenfreiheit.com version is fine and the alpinefreedom.co.uk version has a grey contact page and purple writing for visited links.
    The alpinefreedom version should look exactly the same on every page as the alpenfreiheit version except that the text is English and not German.

Thanks again.
    Sara

They are both the same for me as well.
    Might pay to empty the browser cache.

Thanks for looking...
    I don't understand what's happening.

I cleared cache, cookies, history - everything that I could find to clear... and, it was the same.
    I also tried looking on a Netbook that I have never used to look at the website, and it was the same. The English contact page is dark grey instead of blue and when links have been clicked the writing is purple instead of blue.

OK. The color for a visited link IS purple. I should have read your entire post first before responding.

First, make sure that the change in color has been applied. Go to Website Properties > Website and verify that the Visited Link color is correct.

Preview your website in WD. If the visited link is still purple then there may be other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK. The color for a visited link IS purple. I should have read your entire post first before responding.

First, make sure that the change in color has been applied. Go to Website Properties > Website and verify that the Visited Link color is correct.

Preview your website in WD. If the visited link is still purple then there may be other issues.
    Yes, I checked this and it is correct.
    When I preview in WD everything is ok. After uploading to the server the Contact page is dark grey and the visited link is purple.

The German version is (should be) the same as the English version, apart from the language. If I compare all the background stuff for the two sites - Website Properties, colours, etc. all the stuff that makes the pages look like they do, it is all identical. But, on the internet they are not.
    Last edited by Need Help!; 26 July 2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: added some info

There have been some issues with linked colors. I have had some with websites and they drive me nuts.

Maybe sledger or PeteS or Acorn or (c'mon people...!) will have some suggestions.

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Sara - we'd need to look at your xar file. Please attach it to a post, or send to me as a PM or submit with a support ticket if you don't want to put it on this forum.

Thanks

Neil
    Xara

Thanks Neil - Sara, let us know if you need help doing this.