Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help, PDF export from Designer 9 creates blank pages

Hi
    I am using the Designer pro X9 64bit trial to create a 20 page document. Until now, all worked well and I have created several pdf versions of the file. All fonts embedded correctly, etc.

Now, all of a sudden, the PDF won't export correctly -- the first page is there, but pages from 2 to 20 are blank. I have checked all options, tried to save in many different PDF versions, but to no avail. Please help!

Default Re: Help, PDF export from Designer 9 creates blank pages

Did you create a website document or a drawing document?

Make sure that all content is on the Layer 1 or MouseOff layer.

it is a drawing document. Let me check about the layer but in any case it is set to export all layers including the invisible ones.

it's all on the basic layer. There are layered objects in each page and a repeating object (header and page decorations). All the images are vectors created in Xara and have gradient fills.
    Now I tried to export it using the commercial printing export setting and it got stuck at 72% of "converting document for export". The program got just stuck, I waited for a couple minutes after which it just crashed.

OK, we tried.

File a support ticket www.xara.com

They will probably want you to upload the file so they can determine what is making this happen.

Thank you. I just submitted a ticket on Xara.com and uploaded both the .xar file and a failed pdf.
    Out of 15 attempts, I managed ONCE to create a pdf and to crash the program twice. All other attempts have created a PDF with the first page as intended, and all other 19 pages blank.
    GG.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK, we tried.

File a support ticket www.xara.com

They will probably want you to upload the file so they can determine what is making this happen.

I know its a pain but while your waiting for a reply why not uninstall then re-install to see if that works then restart computer.
    Design is thinking made visual.

but if i reinstall, would I lose the trial? I am using a trial version and I am very much on the fence about upgrading.

I don't have an answer to the trial issue.

If you would be able to share the file, either attach it here or upload to drop box.com and provide the link. Then one of us could take a look at it as well as Xara.

Mike

I have occasionally noticed odd issues regarding PDF export when using a new version of the program (when I first installed XDP 6, for example, the default settings for PDF export would output separate pages for each layer of the document, though that might have just been mangled settings from a bad install). The best thing to try is to use one of the Preset Selections (such as Draft Quality) and run a test export, and if that results in anything remotely close to what you need, then go for the advanced settings.

I have also had occasions where the PDF export itself went just fine, but I had forgotten to update my actual PDF software, and the result was wildly unexpected (everything from blank pages to incomplete images). When in doubt, update Adobe (or Foxit, etc) Reader.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com