Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Simplitec / Simplicheck

Technically this is more like scareware.
    Finds problems that you were not even aware existed, then wants you to pay to fix it.

Simplicheck is a small, intelligent system tool that checks your computer for optimal performance. If it finds problems then it will inform you and direct you to the correct version of Simplitec software to purchase for your system.
    It really is bad form by MAGIX.

Default Re: Simplitec / Simplicheck

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Finds problems that you were not even aware existed, then wants you to pay to fix it.
    I would be more concerned if it found problems that didn't exist (ransomware, etc.).

I see this as nothing more or less insidious than the bundling of Google Chrome with a host of software utilities including Avast! AV. And then there's the bundling of McAfee with Adobe Acrobat Reader. A vast proportion of the computers I see in my work are weighed down by those software apps and when asked, the computer owners generally have no idea why or how they appeared. And in both cases there's always a checkbox to refuse the installation.

If it's bad form for Magix, then they're simply following in the footsteps of other, better-known bad formers. FWIW, I agree that it's bad form, but taking the moral high ground in a highly competitive, commercial world is a fairly sure path to poverty. Sadly.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.