Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Simplitec / Simplicheck

When I installet XDP 9 I also had the Simplicheck/Simplitec installed.
    Today I notice the flash screen and let the program check my computer.
    However, I believed that the program was included with Xara DP 9, but no way José!
    After the check I noticed that I will have to pay approc € 50 to let the program do what it is intended to do.

I think that it would be more honest from Xara/Matrix to infor about the cost before I check the option to install the program - as I don't like beeing fooled.

Now I have learned a lesson and that is to never check anything without being informed first.

Bad style!
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Default Re: Simplitec / Simplicheck

You can opt out of the installation of Simplicheck when you chose 'Custom Install'.
    But I agree, it's just wrong to bundle unsolicited cr*pware/ransomware with Xara software. It's always been free from baggage like this and it's bad form to start doing so now.
    I don't mind seeing offers in my email from Xara or MAGIX, but I reject being force fed other software when I haven't asked for it.
    Being more up-front with a clear option box without having to chose the custom install is the right thing to do.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Agreed here too. If you have installed Simplichek and don't want to pay the extra for the "real program" I advise to un install the simplicheck or else it will continue to nag you which in my opinion is just plain bad. I hope the folks at Xara have been making sure the PTB at Magix see every post complaining about this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

It does seem to be a very cheap shot from Magix/Xara to be bundling stuff like this.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

It's most likely a decision that has come from Magix and Xara has to do what they say (at least that would be my guess)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'm sure that's right.

Well Simplicheck is not getting any recommends from any of us. I really hate these applications that identify problems, often not real problems, and then want you to purchase their utility to fix a problem that is probably a non-problem.

Shame on Magix.

The dirty tactic of Magix, really shame

In the installation of Designer Pro and Page & Layout Designer you do not need to select a Custom installation in order to opt-out of installing Simplicheck, it has its own step in the installation wizard even on a Standard install, so untick the option on that step if you do not want to install it.

I think the problem is that many people don't understand it and think it should be installed for Xara to operate correctly. They err on the side of caution then are horrified to be asked for money at a later stage.

Clearly Xara/Magix is making money from this bundling, but is the cost to their reputation worth it?