Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Simplitec / Simplicheck

When I installet XDP 9 I also had the Simplicheck/Simplitec installed.
    Today I notice the flash screen and let the program check my computer.
    However, I believed that the program was included with Xara DP 9, but no way José!
    After the check I noticed that I will have to pay approc € 50 to let the program do what it is intended to do.

I think that it would be more honest from Xara/Matrix to infor about the cost before I check the option to install the program - as I don't like beeing fooled.

Now I have learned a lesson and that is to never check anything without being informed first.

Bad style!
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Default Re: Simplitec / Simplicheck

You can opt out of the installation of Simplicheck when you chose 'Custom Install'.
    But I agree, it's just wrong to bundle unsolicited cr*pware/ransomware with Xara software. It's always been free from baggage like this and it's bad form to start doing so now.
    I don't mind seeing offers in my email from Xara or MAGIX, but I reject being force fed other software when I haven't asked for it.
    Being more up-front with a clear option box without having to chose the custom install is the right thing to do.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Agreed here too. If you have installed Simplichek and don't want to pay the extra for the "real program" I advise to un install the simplicheck or else it will continue to nag you which in my opinion is just plain bad. I hope the folks at Xara have been making sure the PTB at Magix see every post complaining about this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

It does seem to be a very cheap shot from Magix/Xara to be bundling stuff like this.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

It's most likely a decision that has come from Magix and Xara has to do what they say (at least that would be my guess)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'm sure that's right.