Thread: new homepage

i´m a newcomer in this forum, and now it´s ready
    my homepage:

http://members.chello.at/susanne.grundmann/

nice day
    susann
    IP

Susan,

as good as your photos are, as bad is your navigation-concept.

For instance, I clicked on the "Feelgood" Text first and it brought me to nowhere but a page which is dead end.

Took me a while to discover clicking the eye. On the other pages there are too many dead ends too, try to redo it in a way, so the visitor does never have to use the "back" button of the browser.

Apart from that: "Servas im Forum, Susl !" ;-))

Wolfgang
    IP

Hi Susanne,

Wolfgang is right about the navigation. Something like on Catherine McIntyre's site (two arrows pointing at the former and the next image, and a globe to go home) would make your site better.

But you have a very personal design, and I liked it very much. Your design immediately made me think of Flash. I even expected the site to be a Flash site...

If I may say so (and you asked...): I would blur the edges of RED44, so that it merges into the black background, and in IE5.5 I saw a lighter border on the right-hand side and under BLUE43.

I did like CLASSIC29 very much because it hold lots of surprises I didn't see at first glance.

My opinion? With your sense for what is "in" and your personal expression and design, I'd focus on fashion photography.

And when I was in Vienna, long time ago, there was a street poet who gave small photocopies of his poems to everyone passing by. On one of them I read: (sorry, in German):

Die uns vorleben wollen wie schön es ist zu sterben,
    Wenn sie uns vorsterben wollten, wie schön wäre das Leben.

Why this poem here? Because Art also needs something timeless, a bottomless, fathomless ocean. Oscar Wilde said: "He has nothing to say, but he says it in an admirable way." I love Oscar, but I can't live on Sachertorte alone...I need depth, personal engagement, at the peril of loosing control...or your mind. Art is a quest into the unknown regions of what it means to be human, and there things are extremely hot or cold, but never cool nor lukewarm.

Of course, all this is only my opinion.
    IP

I really liked alot of your stuff Susann. Especially the black and white. You do need navigational aids on these pages deeper into the site. But for the navigation from the main pages, I understood what I needed to do almost right away. (gotta make the viewer think a little).

I dont know about the fashion photography Erik. Most photographers hate that kind of thing. Could be good money and lots of travel, but not near as creative as Susann obviously is. Although I have seen some very good stuff done in fashion photography. I tend to like the stuff with more balls to it (or ovaries).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Art is a quest into the unknown regions of what it means to be human<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like that
    IP