Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi! I am trying to find out the best way to create a basic outlined shape without any kind of solid color or texture in Xara X. Also, I am trying to figure out a way to create a vector embossed effect as well. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Wicked1

Hi! I am trying to find out the best way to create a basic outlined shape without any kind of solid color or texture in Xara X. Also, I am trying to figure out a way to create a vector embossed effect as well. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Wicked1

There are three shape tools on the toolbar: rectangle, ellipse and quick shape. Click one of them. Holding down the left mouse button, drag out the shape on the canvas. To constrain the shape to even dimensions (square or circle), hold down the Control key while dragging, or click the Control key just before you release the left mouse button.

The shape will be black with a black outline. On the color line at the bottom of the window, there's a no-color swatch (third swatch from left). Left click sets the fill color. Right click sets the outline color. To leave only the outline, select the shape and left click the no-color swatch.

Is that what you need?

Thank you VERY much for responding to my subject. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif Your helpful info solved my problem. Thanks, again! Have a pleasant weekend. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Regards,

Wicked1

Glad to be of service. :>)