Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XDP9 Error Code -6

I am getting Error Code -6 with both the 64 and 32 bit installers. They install correctly but fail when I run Xara. I uninstalled and used CCcleaner in the middle, and rebooted, and deleted the folder in programdata. I am using Windows 8, Norton IS 2013. XD Pro is running fine.

I have left a private message and a support ticket but had no response. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Default Re: XDP9 Error Code -6

In the past, I have had application fail and it is down to Norton. You have to disable it temporarily. I would also disconnect form the Internet while you are retrying.
    I ditched Norton many years ago and have never had any trouble like this since.

Also try running as Administrator, that may also help as it could be a DLL needs to be registered.

Sorry I can't assist directly.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by stlewis View Post
    Anyone with any ideas? Thanks.
    I had the same problem and Handrawn advised me the following: after installation, run the installer again and now choose the option "Repair". That did it for me.

Thanks for both of those. Tried them without success.

BTW I have successfully installed in a similar environment on a laptop ie NIS (without disabling), Windows 8, and without running installer as administrator.

Any other ideas? Thanks...
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

... Duplicate post
    Simon
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

After the reinstall did you try closing the program and starting it up again or perhaps did a reboot? Maybe you could try another reinstall? I know, desperately hoping that something will work...

Hi there,

I have the same problem. error code -6 with the 32 bit version of DP9 (64 not tried), never had any problems with prior releases. It happens on my two desktops (one XP and one W7) and to my W7 laptop. I posted the problem to xara and they advised me to run the installer again in 'repair' mode, no luck whatsoever. I replied this to Xara 4 days ago and got no reaction from them yet. Are you by chance running Symantec firewall/AV (Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2 in my case, I am obliged to run that by my employer IBM). Turning it off during install did not help) Thanks for your ideas, Rob.
    Last edited by robzwa; 29 July 2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: typo