Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Default Re: Custom Splash Screens

Can we please move on?
    Fine by me Gary, just don't make statements that aren't correct.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    In a minor defense of The Xara Group, no they do not use Web Designer to build Xara.com, for the same reason we do not use Xara software to build the Xara Xone site
    No defence of these points raised by slavelle was even required. Everybody knows XDP and derivatives are incapable of a being a half-decent CMS. Maybe they're working on one, maybe not. They certainly should be, but god knows what they're up to becaue, frankly, they do NOT listen as somebody said earlier on, not to the TG membership anyway. They do, of course, listen to their masters who hold the purse strings which is one of the disadvantages of selling out up.

XDP and derivatives are very capable of serious butt-kicking graphics including of course boxshots and splashscreens, and my indignation, which has not been addressed by anybody who could well be in the know, stands. If somebody were to inform me with authority that Xara/Magix used anything other than the product that Xara/Magix hold up to be Quite simply the world's fastest graphics software. Powerful illustration tools, innovative photo editing, flexible page layout and unrivalled WYSIWYG web design. A single application for all your creative work then my indignation and frustration with the duplicity of TPTB will see the end to my 15-year relationship with Xara and, boy, will I let the world know. I didn't say I will stop using it, I said I will stop paying for it, I will stop supporting it, I will stop pinning it to my mast and I will stop singing its praises.
    I have stuck with Xara for 15 years because, maybe naively, I was convinced they believe in their product as much as I do. You do not demonstrate your faith in such a product and its hard-core users and indeed champions by using a rival product to create the aforementioned and similar marketing material.

I bought and paid for the "TrueBoxhShot" Photoshop plugin and used it once, discovering that I had in fact as much ability with my XDP series of products to create my boxshots without some stupid plugin. I didn't get a return in my investment in that product and that's life, more fool me, but at least their product marketing material was made using their product. BTW, if anybody wants it from me, they are welcome to it and the serial, I have no use for it. There is, after all, no shortage of people who create finished work with nothing more than an average photo and some free plugins and somehow believe they have that ephemeral quality "talent".

End of this disagreeable rant. I know others have other, far less rigid, opinions, and that's their right and privilege. But I won't argue with them. If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
    Last edited by Barbara B; 06 September 2014 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Edited to remove name calling and veiled profanity.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

This thread has gone way off topic and has gotten extremely contentious. I'm closing this thread.

Please everyone take a deep breath and move on.

Big Frank, I'm putting you on notice. You know better than to name call and use extreme profanity even if *veiled.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com
    IP