Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems with IE10 and WD7 buttons

Anyone experience issues with IE10 and buttons not working? My sites are made using WD7 and people with IE10 are saying the buttons don't work. Everything works fine in non IE10 browsers. The buttons show as being a link but when you click = nothing happens. Had a similar problem in the past when either IE8 or IE9 came out( can't remember which ).

I have had them try setting IE10 to compatibility mode and also to check that Active Scripting is enabled but haven't heard back yet if it worked. Figured I would ask and see if others have run into this as well to try and get ahead of things if what I suggested did not work. I tried to search and also manually looked around but didn't come up with anything. Sorry if this has been discussed already.

I actually am just starting a new site and before I go too far I want to find out what is going on.

Default Re: Problems with IE10 and WD7 buttons

UPDATE:

I have solved this issue( at least I believe I have ).

I have resisted upgrading to IE10 as it meant going to Windows 7 and I didn't want to. I have viewed my sites in IE10 on a relatives system as well as a neighbors and they have always worked before. I just couldn't imagine what was going on that was being reported to me recently. I assumed it was settings on their end but you never know. So, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my laptop to Windows 7( I have had it for a year+ but didn't do it )and then IE10 today.

When my laptop was all set I opened my browser and immediately I had troubles on my home page similar to what was reported to me from the client on their site. I couldn't fully open my home page and it eventually crashed each time I tried. So I changed it and managed to get online. When I went to the client's site, and some of my others, I was seeing the same issue. Only partly opening OR buttons not working as described above. Just really odd.

I checked the usual things and even tried compatibility mode to no avail. As I looked around for other things to try I noticed Enable Protected Mode was selected in IE10 under the Security Tab. In IE8/IE9 I usually ran that as it kept a lot of annoying banner ads and similar things from running but at times it would mess with some Java features I wanted.

So, I disabled it and went back to the client's site and BINGO everything worked properly. Checked my other sites and as you would expect they worked fine too. My home page also worked A-OK.

So If you run into people complaining that your sites don't open fully or certain things like buttons don't work in IE10 have them disable Protected Mode. It is at least somewhere for you to start.

Default Re: Problems with IE10 and WD7 buttons

this is still going to be a problem for you/them because your clients visitors cannot be expected to change their browser settings just to view the website
    i would find out whats causing it and remove the offending scrpt
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.