Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: x9 - no new drawing tools

I Just bought "off course without reading" version 9 the 64 bit version and after installing and reorganizing all my Menus etc. I found out that the Plugins wouldn’t even work at all and they call that an UPGRADE? That is what we call a downgrade!
    Ok after installing the 32 bit version which was surprisingly free of charge while the 64 bit version wouldn’t work for me I had to spend another Hour again reorganizing all my icons again.
    Could someone please make a tool for moving or copying your icons / menu structure to a newer or even an older version if you need to re-install etc.
    AND Please bring Back the Plugin Icon on the left bar as it was, and Yes you can alt+drag and drop the F from the Button Palette but the Photo tool icon on the left will then also change which is really annoying!

Best regards from a really disappointed customer from Austria,

Ruud.

You can run both versions, just not at the same time.

I'm interested in this new version as Xara says it is compatible with touch devices. I like using my Surface Pro/win8.1 and Xara is already pretty good to use on it. I don't use the desktop for drawing any more, this tablet is my drawing device now. Adobe software like Dreamweaver is still better on the desktop, except for Flash. For anything drawing I like the tablet more.

The Xara icons are bigger and easier to control than Adobe programs with their minute interfaces and I'm hoping Xara have made them more so. It would be great to have a Xara interface that allows further customisation of the menus etc so bigger buttons and my few most commands in the menus are able to be replaced by new buttons. Also it would be useful to be able to remove gallery buttons at the right as my hand often opens them when not wanted and I hardly use them anyway.

I'm with Gary about corelXara having most of what I need still. But the pressure pen and eraser is so good and great to use on a tablet. So I'll upgrade to the Designer rather than the pro. Really looking forward to see Xara improvements aimed at the Surface.

Q

Note on installing: choose custom installation so you get the option to skip the installation of Simplicheck (another disappointment for Magix)

So you can't use Photoshop plug-ins at all inside the 64-bit version which is definitely not good. Will we get support for Photoshop plug-ins in this 64-bit version? Or is this one of those things that will get fixed a year from now in a new version?

And another thing I've noticed, if you use the regedit SuperWideInfobar fix the new Strikethrough option gets removed from the bar.

A 32 bit app can only call functions in a 32 bit DLL (a plug-in is a special kind of DLL). A 64 bit app can only call functions in a 64 bit DLL. Thus a plug-in has to be specifically made.
    Even PhotoShop 64bit doesn't support 32bit plugins.. So it's not Xara's doing. But you may install both versions of DPX9 on the same license.

The reg edit issue: see ► http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...751#post481751

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    30 days may be frustrating and could be longer, but I don't think it's unreasonable. The line has to be drawn somewhere and someone is always going to be frustrated when they just go over it.

Have a think about six weeks or sixty days Xara, it might ease the issue at minimal impact to the bottom line.
    Six weeks or sixty days is very reasonable and should not affect the profit bottom line for Xara.
    Have fun creating!
    William

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Note on installing: choose custom installation so you get the option to skip the installation of Simplicheck (another disappointment for Magix)
    What is Simplicheck?
    Have fun creating!
    William

I understand the 32/64 bit difference; the thing is you can't open 64-bit plugins in Xara Designer Pro X9 64-bit at all.
    All you get is a message saying you should use the 32-bit version of Xara if you want to use Photoshop plugins.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plugins.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	97091

Simplicheck. It's basically spam Magix/Xara decided to bundle with the trial version in order to make more money by giving us bloat.