Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Feedback on PLD

Default Feedback on PLD

I'm puzzled not to see more feedback posted about Xara's new product PLD. Is it located elsewhere? I downloaded the trial and have had great fun using it. It really does have potential.
    While the intro document is aimed at new users, I'd like to see it expanded to include using guides and guide layers to make more complex text layouts, and also to expand on the uses of the Page and Layer Gallery which is a strong feature.

I do have one question already: can you make guides repeatable on all pages, or do you have to copy the guide layer from one page to another?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tony

Default Re: Feedback on PLD

Hi Tony

These is a Page & Layout 9 thread somewhere.

If you set up a page with the guide layer the way you want it, then you can duplicate the page and the layers will duplicate as well.

Or as you suggested, you can copy and paste any layer to a new page. But I do not believe you can copy and paste any layer to all pages all at once.

It has always been a surprising omission to me that a layer can't be chosen to appear on all pages, or selected pages.

I'd imagine it's really easy to do and would give people something approaching the master-type pages often asked for.

Thanks, Gary for the suggestion. The problem with duplicating is that it doesn't automatically update when you make changes. Still, copy & paste only has to be done once per page, and does allow for having more than one guide arrangement. Incidentally, in order to get my vertical guides in the right place I used the 'column' divide feature and dragged in the guides to match. Once done, a page can be saved as a template. Didn't find that thread but I'll have another look.

I would agree with you Paul, given that the facility to repeat and update objects already exists, and given that guides are objects....
    Tony