Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Activation Limit for Xara P&GE 7 (???)

I often re-install my operating system to test this or that, and Xara has always been one of my core application that gets installed each time. Well, I went to reinstall it, and I got a notice that I had activated the software too many times. It invited me to offline activate. That did not work either by phone or email. I emailed on July 4 morning (not a holiday in UK that I'm aware), and I requested again on July 5 morning. Only response was an automated message on the fourth.

Does anyone have a success story for my predicament?

--Mike.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Activation Limit for Xara P&GE 7 (???)

You need to file a support ticket at Xara.com and they will likely give you more activations on your account. Keep in mind that they are often very busy around product launch time. They will get back to you as soon as they can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

tell you what I do Mike

I make a clean install of the OS and I include xara and then I image it with a third party software [I prefer Acronis true image myself]

when I want to restore the OS I just restore the image and xara does not need reactivating
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post

I make a clean install of the OS and I include xara and then I image it with a third party software [I prefer Acronis true image myself]

when I want to restore the OS I just restore the image and xara does not need reactivating
    That sounds very interesting, generally in the times when PCs are so fast loaded with million of programs. I found this good tip to have a core base which are really important and go back to that state at any time

I've been doing it for over 10 years - windows is a lot more stable now, and the programs I tend to use also, but it still saves a lot of time and hassle
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    tell you what I do Mike

Y'know ... that's really good advice. I think I even have one of those utilities lying around here.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    You need to file a support ticket at Xara.com and they will likely give you more activations on your account. Keep in mind that they are often very busy around product launch time. They will get back to you as soon as they can.
    Yeah, I've filed the ticket. I guess I'm impatient. To be honest, I wasn't aware there was a limit to activating the software. I guess I'm kinda aggravated by it.

Hi Mike,
    This should help answer your questions
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2307

What are the ticket ID's that you submitted, Mike? Have they now been answered?