Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Line Screen

Default Line Screen

I have been asked to create a b/w printout that will be used as a master for photo-copies of biographies. I have hi-rez b/w photos to include. The hi-rez photos are muddy when printed to a 300 dpi copier. I am used to line screens to adjust the photos. Is there a plug-in or photo alteration that I can use to 'screen' the photos so that I can print a master that will work on a 300 dpi copier? Should the master also be printed on a 300 dpi?

Thanks, Dan

Default Re: Line Screen

not 100% sure what you are trying to do but...

the only plugin I know for line screens is from andromeda and it's over 100 USD and I have no idea if it works with Xara

in Xara fill gallery in the two coloor shading folder there is a fill 'Line1' that might do what you want - see attached

more precision might be got from a vector half-tone line pattern, iamtheblues posted some of those up I think, you might find some with google

all depends what you actually want...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linescreen.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	97021  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Line Screen

Thanks. With a little more research I realized that the screen would only be understood by a PostScript printer so I have to tinker with the photos to get a best-look using the company's copier.

Dan