Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ipad pinch & zoom not working but Iphone OK?

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can help me. I have built several websites with Designer Pro X and they all allowed resizing (pinch) on Ipads and Iphones. However recently one of them (www.potkiln.org) is stubbornly resistant to finger gestures on the IPAD but not the IPHONE, yet other almost identical web designs work OK on both (eg. www.harwoodarms.com).
    I'm sure that someone else must have had a similar problem. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Alan Robinson

Default Re: Ipad pinch & zoom not working but Iphone OK?

Have you added anything to the potkiln site, perhaps some code, if not then try deleting the site off the server and reinstall all the files and see if that solves it.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

In this site www.potkiln.org you have added this line of code to the head:
    Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0"/>
    Overwriting the default code:
    Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"/>
    Remove your line of code and let it revert back to the default code inserted by Web Designer, which is the same line of code in this site www.harwoodarms.com

well spotted pete
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Many thanks. I'd never have found that in a thousand years!
    I changed the code in expression web and uploaded the index.htm file with filezilla. All works OK on the IPAD. However if I publish from within Designer Pro X it adds the maximum-scale bit again when it exports the file.
    Presumably there must be some setting within designer pro that I can change to get it back to the default value?

In the checks I did before replying your site has been edited to include maximum-scale=1.0 whereas exporting a website in Designer Pro doesn't add that part of the line of code.

If you want to remove the viewport tag all together and let the browser on the handheld devices decide it wants to load the page then right click any object and select Names.. and type NoViewportMeta and click Add then republish your site.

Thanks Pete,
    That seems to have sorted all the other pages. I still can't understand how the default setup got changed though. I've searched through the manual but can't locate any references to the scaling feature.