Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD9 Premium removing required files from within index_htm_files folder

Ive had WD9 for about a week now and twice within this time whilst doing an upload it as deleted files required for the slide show (non Xara) from the above mentioned folder. How can I stop this, this never happened in WD8. The slide show hence does not work after and to put the files back I use a separate ftp program.

Stuart

http://www.mtechengineering.co.uk

Default Re: WD9 Premium removing required files from within index_htm_files folder

Would need rather more information to be able to get some ideas about what could be happening.

Can you post your steps to repeat?

Default Re: WD9 Premium removing required files from within index_htm_files folder

After small change made, upload changes. I notice that after seeing the pages uploading i.e. index, news etc near the end of status bar it says deleting files. The files it deletes are files put manually within the index_htm_files folder. These control the slideshow. Not once could I ever recall seeing WD 8 deleting files. Can't recall whether the last time it did it it was the first upload of the day. But today it was the first upload. Put the files back today, make changes and upload OK next time!

Stuart

I see, that's new behaviour. I shall investigate.
    Meanwhile please try this undocumented feature:
    If your Web Designer design file is named "mydesign.web", create following folder in the same location as your design file: "mydesign_web_files" and place your slideshow files in this support folder. Then publish again.

OK, will give it a go. Although I think all links to images etc from slideshow (and there are a lot) will be incorrect.

Cheers
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuartwilson View Post
    Ive had WD9 for about a week now and twice within this time whilst doing an upload it as deleted files required for the slide show (non Xara) from the above mentioned folder. How can I stop this, this never happened in WD8. The slide show hence does not work after and to put the files back I use a separate ftp program.

Stuart

http://www.mtechengineering.co.uk
    I seem to recall there was an early bug that the latest update addressed.
    I had the same issue, updated and it disappeared.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by stuartwilson View Post
    OK, will give it a go. Although I think all links to images etc from slideshow (and there are a lot) will be incorrect.
    No, what happens is that on publish, Xara Designer will copy the files to the index_htm_files folder - so don't change the links, leave them as they are.