Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Comparison Chart for All Xara Software V. 9

I just noticed that the comparison chart for Xara software now also includes Designer Pro X9:
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/designer/compare/

I do not see that many new features that are unique to DPX9. Curious to take it for a spin though when it actually comes out.
    Last edited by Boy; 07 July 2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Spelling

Default Re: Comparison Chart for All Xara Software V. 9

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I just noticed that the comparison chart for Xara software now also includes Designer Pro X9:
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/designer/compare/

I do not see that many new features that are unique to DPX9. Curious to take it for a spin though when it actually come out.
    Yes, strange really. Two of the attractions used to be that XDPro came out in advance of the other programs and included things the others don't. Not apparent here.
    The list isn't 100% accurate, however, so maybe it will change before XDPro9 is released.
    Tony

Hope its not just wishfull thinking... But they probably wont reveal the new features until the actual release. So I expect the chart to be updated again

Lets hope so!
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    Yes, strange really. Two of the attractions used to be that XDPro came out in advance of the other programs and included things the others don't. Not apparent here.
    The list isn't 100% accurate, however, so maybe it will change before XDPro9 is released.
    Lets keep our fingers crossed for newer features.
    Have fun creating!
    William

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHere View Post
    Lets keep our fingers crossed for newer features.
    Otherwise I may go over to PLD and save a bit of money...
    Tony

Tony,

Make sure you look at the chart. There's a lot of P&GD graphics stuff that is not included in PLD and not nearly as much the other way around. P&GD lacks 9 features of PLD, but PLD is missing 31 features of P&GD. Better be sure those 9 features are the most important to you. And of course, whether DPX9 has any new features or not, it WILL have all the features of all of the others combined.

Of course, I'm hoping for new exclusive features, but with all of the new Web Design features, the new graphic features, and the page layout stuff (which I'm not likely to use), it will be the best of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    Tony,

Make sure you look at the chart. There's a lot of P&GD graphics stuff that is not included in PLD and not nearly as much the other way around. P&GD lacks 9 features of PLD, but PLD is missing 31 features of P&GD.
    That's good advice. I'll need to try PLD for a while before I commit myself and find out the real differences.
    Tony