Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

(Not that this was a contest or anything.)

I showed all of the logo ideas to the refuge founder, Angharad, and she wanted me to first extend a huge "THANKS!" for all of your input. (No, I didn't show her any of the pork or baby back ribs comments. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

She really liked The Fontman's design for the most realistic looking pig. Overall she liked Steve's first design with the cool pig lounging. And she liked the lighthouse concept that Bruce presented.

philhendry, I'll share your tag line with Angharad...it was very cute!

Thanks to everyone for the ideas!

Yea, I realize that it's not really a logo, I made sure to say that in my post, but I started working on it and the word "logo" left my mind! If you want a more "logoish" design I'll get to work on it right away, just say the word! It's probably better as a poster right now the way it is

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I just wanted to be part of this fun-thread.

so this is not really a proposal for the logo, more a funny picture, matching the thread ..

Wolfgang
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	safeharbor.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	10361  

Very cute! I will show this to Angharad and I'm sure she'll smile.

Why do pigs need safe harbour? Is this really a front to get a free restaurant logo?

We had a pig once, Harry. He was the star at a 4th of July bash back in 1980.

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/deltaplate.gif

...but have only caught up with this thread this a.m. Couldn't resisit playing, then found Wolfgang had posted something very similar, but rather better. However.....I like the idea of shelter within a rainbow, so thought I'd post anyway. Sorry Wolfgang.......Penny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pig_Refuge.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	7848  

Scott has picked Steve's design and so as my good friend (NOT) Fontman suggested, the kid out-designed the old fart (what a way with words, eh? Fontman be an ex-marine or something?)

Congratulations Steve on your first of many logo designs! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    burl me to beehives</a>

"Scott has picked Steve's design and so as my good friend (NOT) Fontman suggested, the kid out-designed the old fart (what a way with words, eh? Fontman be an ex-marine or something?"

Close, Mr. Priester, but no cigar! Former Marine is the correct answer. Ex-Marine denotes rather than honorable service and is delegated to sh_tbirds.

I was certainly not in that ex-Marine category. I assume you visited my humble Web site, hence the Marine eulogy.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    http://www.enrealty.com
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Fontman, that's an interesting distinction. When you hear someone talking about a divorced spouse for example, I don't think the use of ex-husband versus former husband gives any indication of whether it was amicable or not.

I wonder if the distinction is just in the military because of the possiblity of a dishonoraable discharge? Or is it just with career military? I wonder if the distinction would occur to someone who only served for 3 years and then left the service.

Language is fascinating in its nuances.

Mickie

In this particular area I'm quite disregarding USA as it came with those he'or'sh'it rules. I felt really weird when I read some paedagogical articles containing SHE instead of HE just beacause of trying to be pollitically correct. Remember Steve' s post about the Shiny things Girls like.. ;-). It is in a way a problem of USA. Of course Europe has similar words with more positive and negative connotations. E.g.Gipsies / Romales as Usa have with Black / Afro Americans / Ebonics. Anyone from Europe, more examples?