Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Risto, Porky would be proud.

Hell Steve, it could be a Club Med advertisement! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Very C o o o o o 1. My first reaction was to laugh.

One feature which CDraw absolutely can NOT DO that Xara can and is CRITICAL to producing many of the special effects we've seen in this and the Xara Gallery forum ...

Its the ability to blend transparencies.

Bruce - I like it... but could you have some of the light from the lighthouse hitting the water?

Mickie

Well, I'll try the sad route! Does this work? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pig.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	10446  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve, you're missing the tear in his eye.

Steve your pig looks like he was running the race of his life and just made it under the finish line. I think you need a farmer chasing him in the background. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Mickie

That's more like it, but now it's kind of ambiguous what he's wretched about. It looks like he's wretched about being in the refuge. There must be some way to evoke sympathy without that ambiguity...

... a "HAPPY" pig to me --- if he just had the slightest grin and some smoke rising from his back end... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve - I can't believe you are "51" -- you are so care-free, spontenous and so tuned-in to the world that it seems you are only "15". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

John - I don't know "Porky" but he/she sounds tasty to meeeee! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Risto

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Bruce -- I think your's is the best of the lot!

Gary

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Gary, I learned from your great logo tutorials.
    http://www.unleash.com/gary/

Mickie
    I could have worked on the light hitting the water but I was trying to keep the image as simple as possible. A logo should be simple. Yet something that people will remember.

Most good logos are simple shapes and have only a few colors. I think that Steve's illustrations are nice. But they don't work as a logo. Steve it should be somthing simpler like you use for your own personal logo. The fancy initials.
    But I do love your pigs.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Not a logo, I don't have the talent you guys have, or the imagination, but a motto/tag line sprang into my head whilst reading the thread:

Safe Harbour: the piggy haven with more grunt

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    Phil

Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this sort of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.
    Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this sort of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.