Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

OMG, that is hilarious Risto!! ahhh man, that's awsome! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I like your style!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Wow, some quick replies here, isn't that amazing!? Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you like them, like I said, I'll be workin to make it a little more what he asked for, but I'm just waiting to here from Scott.

Fontman: Gary wasn't trying to be mean or anything, it's just in the past people that posted things about different programs in the wrong forums usually resulted in some not so friendly threads. It's just an unspoken rule around here I guess to keep things a little more calm! But I garuntee he didn't mean anything bad by it!
    Glad you like the my pic, and good job on yours even though it was made in that other program! And if you havn't tried XaraX I would REALLY recommend you tryin it, you'd love it if you like the other program remotely! Thanks again all

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

and you guys work so fast! Steve, the chest hair cracks me up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

That's it,.. i'm gettin' in the mud.

I remember a post a long time ago in either this forum or the Corel forum where you announced, for some reason that you were "outta here, this is the last you'll hear from me". So you picked up your marbles and went home.
    OK,.. so you pop in a week or two later to make another anouncement that you started another forum for Corel users... which BOMBED BIGTIME ... am I right?

Hmm... so time passes and with no one to really to talk to, the interloper drops in, hopefully, "inconspicously" from time to time putting in his 2 cents here and there, thinking deep down that no one could possibly remember how much of an arse you were in the past.

Then you trip a wire AGAIN ... and it all starts over.

Nobody's here to stick it to you... man! If you can't take a joke, read. If you can, then join in here. Just remember to pack the chip away first.

That's ALL i'm gonna say about this. And please, think hard about what I wrote, because if you reply with more crap like the stuff you so freely throw around here, you'll only validate my rant.

W

I was going to try something, but I don't have the time to try to match Steve's pig.
    Great pig Steve.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I've been struggling for months trying to get something one step up from mediocre...and you guys create amazing images in a matter of hours!

I appreciate all of the ideas and will show them to Angharad Rees, the founder of Safe Harbour Pig Refuge. (She's the one holding the baby skunk on the About us page - http://www.safeharbour.org/about.cfm)

I will get Angharad's opinions and get back to you.

Thanks again...the pigs will be smiling when we tell them!
    Scott

I couldn't resist.
    Here is my logo. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pig.gif 
Views:	381 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	3407  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

but it doesn't arouse any sympathy for pigs, which is probably what the haven would like to do.
    Anybody seeing that image would probably be more inclined to go buy a family pack of side ribs than make a contribution to the Haven [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Fontman, and others.

I review graphics software for Communication Arts Magazine. I have written reviews of CorelDRAW (9 and 10), Illustrator (9), FreeHand (9-10) among others.

I still write Corel articles for Designer.com.

But over the past four or five years, Xara has grown into a world class product that is as good or better than any other vector software product out there, including CorelDRAW.

This sums up part of the problem with DRAW, which IMHO has gotten too big, too unpredictable, and too slow. A reader from Designer.com in Maylasia wrote and asked a basic question, the answer to which was to use Corel's Collect for Service Bureau function. So with a very simple file, I used this command, only to have DRAW 10 crash every time I tried to use this feature.

I could list dozens of other problems like this one. And I have in my reviews.

I had a conference call with the Corel product design team in which I advised them to go back to version 5.0. For me, that was the last time DRAW was really lean and mean and fun to work with.

I still like DRAW, better than Illustrator and FreeHand, and in many respects, it is still a very fine application, but I think trying to be all things to all people, has not worked.

Xara does not try to be a desktop publishing application or a photo editing application, or a web page design application. The download size is under 9 MB. But doing the functions and effects that it and DRAW have in common are so much easier, faster, and more effective in Xara.

In conclusion, go to the Featured Artist Gallery in the XaraXone, and you will see examples of art and illustration that are as good as, or better, than the best in the Corel Design Contest.

DRAW is good. Xara is the best.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester" TARGET=_blank>
    burl me to beehives</A>

Steve -- Not bad for a rug rat.

Bruce -- I think your's is the best of the lot!

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    burl me to beehives</a>