Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I am looking for a computer graphics artist to create a logo for the Safe Harbour Pig Refuge.

We have toyed with the idea of a pig floating on a raft or in a life ring in a harbor with a light house in the background.

Is this the place to find someone interested in helping us create our logo? I love Xara X and use it for basic graphics, but my art skills are best classified as "neanderthal".

Since we are a non-profit organization and feeding 150 pigs per day, we don't have much money to spend on things that the pigs can't eat. But if you create a logo for us we can invite you to visit the refuge and hug a pig! :-)

Thanks for your consideration of this request!
    Scott

Webmaster
    Safe Harbour Pig Refuge
    www.safeharbour.org
    E-mail: webmaster@safeharbour.org

OMG, that is hilarious Risto!! ahhh man, that's awsome! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I like your style!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Absolutely fabulously cute pig! (you have drawn). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Bruce -- I think your's is the best of the lot!

Gary

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Gary, I learned from your great logo tutorials.
    http://www.unleash.com/gary/

Mickie
    I could have worked on the light hitting the water but I was trying to keep the image as simple as possible. A logo should be simple. Yet something that people will remember.

Most good logos are simple shapes and have only a few colors. I think that Steve's illustrations are nice. But they don't work as a logo. Steve it should be somthing simpler like you use for your own personal logo. The fancy initials.
    But I do love your pigs.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Not a logo, I don't have the talent you guys have, or the imagination, but a motto/tag line sprang into my head whilst reading the thread:

Safe Harbour: the piggy haven with more grunt

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    Phil

Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this sort of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.
    Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this sort of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Steve -- Not bad for a rug rat.

Bruce -- I think your's is the best of the lot!

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    burl me to beehives</a>

Thanks Roman.

I used Xara's killer Bevel Tool for most of it. Maybe some day the other application will have a bevel capability that is not one dog's breakfast of facets. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Scott

If your boss likes my design, I can improve upon the pig and donate the design to a worthy cause.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    burl me to beehives</a>

Well I never was in the service. But I salute all who have served for their country.

Steve , Congrats! I guess it was a logo after all. Good job! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Just think of all the pigs you will be helping. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

25 years old graduated teacher of Computer Science and English (my grammar is lousy though ;-) and yet I served 1 year in signal company in Slovak army. It was quite a learning experience. Since then I advice all my friends to go to civil service instead.

I am looking for a computer graphics artist to create a logo for the Safe Harbour Pig Refuge.

We have toyed with the idea of a pig floating on a raft or in a life ring in a harbor with a light house in the background.

Is this the place to find someone interested in helping us create our logo? I love Xara X and use it for basic graphics, but my art skills are best classified as "neanderthal".

Since we are a non-profit organization and feeding 150 pigs per day, we don't have much money to spend on things that the pigs can't eat. But if you create a logo for us we can invite you to visit the refuge and hug a pig! :-)

Thanks for your consideration of this request!
    Scott

Webmaster
    Safe Harbour Pig Refuge
    www.safeharbour.org
    E-mail: webmaster@safeharbour.org