Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Hotspot

Default Hotspot

Can anyone tell me please if I can draw or place a Hotspot on part of a graphic so I can link that certain part to a email address?

Many thanks
    Graham

Default Re: Hotspot

Draw a shape on top, give the shape the link then set the shape to 100% transparency

DEMO ► http://xara-users.info/temp/image-map/

You may need to set it to 99.9% transparency actually, I recall something that's currently floating around in the back of my head that if it's 100% transparenct then it's ignored, or doesn't get exported (something like that anyway). I'll try it out and report back

That's what it was.... (more coffee needed)

If you set the object to 100% transparency then you cannot select the object again within your document - it DOES get exported.

So, setting it to 100% transparency is fine, apart from if you want to select the transparent object to edit the link etc in the future you'll need to go to outline view or select it from the Page & Layer Gallery to see and select it.

So setting it to 99% (not 99.9%) will allow you to select the object over the image within your design document.

Phew, got there in the end

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    if it's 100% transparenct then it's ignored, or doesn't get exported (something like that anyway). I'll try it out and report back
    Obviously you failed to view the demo linked in my post to show the OP that it does work..

And yes, you can always select the object using outlines view / object gallery. Isn't that why these features exist, Pete?

Thanks very much chaps, appreciated
    Graham