Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Problem with Blended and Contoured objects

Thanks, Phil.

Glad to know it can be fixed
    Seems you will have a lot of new features to catch up with in the next version now Centaurus!
    Nice work Phil!

It's good to know there's a very simple and easy workaround. I can see why very few people would encounter this issue.

How many people actually use the multiple view feature of Xara (useful as it may be), I wonder?

I would imagine many who work on art that is intended to be 'reproduced' at a much smaller size than it is created at - that will include cartoonists who do the kind of stuff I do, icon creators such as the OP; - two monitors and two views makes everything so much easier for me at least [given VHQ rendering], and I could wish for more sometimes
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Phil! Sorry I took much time to response, I was out of work for several days.

Unfortunately suggested workarounds do not really work for me.. I'm using wacom tablet, and not mouse, there is no mousewheel click for me Moreover when it comes to lots of icons, constant in out zooming really a bit too much. I have to see permanent zoomed-in and actual sizes at the same time.
    Escape key does unfreeze the application, thanks! it still doesn't let me do blend editing but at least I save time on getting back to work.

I'm soooo excited to hear it'll be fixed in the next patch, that would made my day and more Thanks!

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus View Post
    I use Xara Designer to create icons, that's why I usually have 2 views open, one is 100% zoom and another is about 500% to deal with little details.
    Even though you are using a wacom tablet and not a mouse, you can still (just about) get the same effect of the zoom in and out by using the keyboard number keys.

1. = 100%
    2. = 200%
    3. = 300%
    4. = 400%
    5. = 50%

If you are using the Pro version then you can always customize the keyboard shortcuts to change what they do and maybe learn a few new ones such as...

z = zoom tool (and then use your pen to drag select what you want to zoom to, and then n = freehand and brush tool, or F4 = shape tool to get back to drawing
    Ctrl+Shift+z = zoom to selected
    Ctrl+Shift+j = zoom to drawing

Another thing you could do is to change the defaults on your Wacom tablet (instead of using keyboard shortcuts).

I know that this isn't the same as using the dual views (I use them too on occasion) but as a work-around until the new version comes out it might work out for you.

I hope that helps,
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

You should also find that the editing does work in one of the views (except for the bits that sometimes get left behind) so just swap the two views over.

Gerry

Gerry! Now you're a life saver!! Thank you tons! I have never figured out that views are unidentical for this issue and I could actually have a real workaround!