Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Removing Bitmap Backgrounds

Here is an online utility that does a great job if you are in a rush and it from the same company that does Vector Magic. Just up load your photo roughly mark the bit that you want to keep then mark the background that you want to lose and download. I tried it with a complex pic in seconds and I was surprised how good it was. I could have spent time on the manual bit messed around with brush size and got the picture that I would have download but I was in a rush. Have a look it is worth your time: http://clippingmagic.com/
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Removing Bitmap Backgrounds

Pretty cool Albacore, I didn't see a cost for the service though. Do you know?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Removing Bitmap Backgrounds

Because it is in what they call Alpha stage it is free and the asking you to sign up at the moment for freebies, whatever that means. Did another bitmap this morning excluding down/uploads this took around 10 seconds to do. I know it is not perfect but think the time taken to do this is PS/Xara. I think they are on to another winner but let's hope that they don't do the same as Vector Magic and price non-company users out of using the service.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree-2012-copy_clipped_rev_1.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	96768   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree-2012-copy.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	96769  

Design is thinking made visual.