Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Issue with transparency when save as PDF since update to Graphic & Photo 9

Hi,
    Until yesterday, I used Graphics & Photos 2013, I update the software yesterday and if I save my job as PDF, the transparency done on a picture is inverted.
    Someone had also this issue, how could I resolve it.
    Currently I removed the transparency but it is not the solution.
    In version before, same file works !
    Issue apear only when I create a PDF file. By creating a JPG file it works.
    Thanks for your help.
    Marc.

Default Re: Issue with transparency when save as PDF since update to Graphic & Photo 9

Create a Bitmap Copy of the object with transparency. Use the bitmap copy and delete the object with transparency.

Default Re: Issue with transparency when save as PDF since update to Graphic & Photo 9

Could you upload your .xar file either here, or if you don't want everyone to see it send it to Xara's support team to look at, at http://support.xara.com please?

In attachment the .xar file and the pdf I get !
    Please open xar file and save as pdf, please.

(transparency is done on the bottom of the picture).
    thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Works fine from Designer X Pro.

I saved it as PDF/X but the file size is over 16MB so this is not as good quality but it shows the entire image.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks a lot Gary,

Could someone test with "Xara Photo Graphic Designer 9" please.
    because it worked with version just before...!
    Issue appears since I update and I want to know if it is software issue or something else just on my computer !
    it works for Jpeg, but not for Pdf.
    Thanks to share please.

For your information: I oppen a call to Xara support, and issue is validated in software by Xara Team.
    Current solution is to invert transparency on picture just for PDF creating.

What do you mean by inverting the transparency? Have you tried the suggestion and did it work.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Where, in the OP's doc the linear transparency has its start point at the bottom of the image and was dragged up (so the bottom of the image has a linear transparency), turn that transparency handle round 180degrees so the linear transparency is dragged down (so only the bottom part of the image is visible) - not a recommended work around but it will export the image correctly till it's fixed.

Thanks Pete that is the first time I heard of that work around.
    Design is thinking made visual.