Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Illustrator CS6

Default Illustrator CS6

Hello All,

I'm a pre-buyer of Xara PRO X, would anyone know did Xara Pro X fully compatable with Adobe Illustrator CS6? can PRO X open CS6 files without problem.

Thanks in advance
    Choi

Default Re: Illustrator CS6

Can CS4 open files that were produced in CS6? It depends on how you prepared them and the same goes for Pro X so it is not fully compatible but I do work on files that have been worked on in CS6 without any real problems so long as you follow a few rules. You will always have the annoyance of having to expand masks and objects but that has more to do with the way PDF's are rendered not the problem of the 2 programmes used. Certain things like complex fills, gradient strokes and some transparencies cause rendering problems but once selected and given the same fill using Xara rules you will have no problem. You can't expect different programmes using vectors to be exactly the same it just doesn't happen that's why some people use Illy, some use CD and still a few people still cling to FH all are vector but are still different.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thumbs up Re: Illustrator CS6

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Can CS4 open files that were produced in CS6? It depends on how you prepared them and the same goes for Pro X so it is not fully compatible but I do work on files that have been worked on in CS6 without any real problems so long as you follow a few rules. You will always have the annoyance of having to expand masks and objects but that has more to do with the way PDF's are rendered not the problem of the 2 programmes used. Certain things like complex fills, gradient strokes and some transparencies cause rendering problems but once selected and given the same fill using Xara rules you will have no problem. You can't expect different programmes using vectors to be exactly the same it just doesn't happen that's why some people use Illy, some use CD and still a few people still cling to FH all are vector but are still different.
    Million Thanks for the suggestion, will try to use PDF with clients.

Can CS4 open files that were produced in CS6?

Albacore can Xara open a CS6 .ai file?

If it can, how well does it translate layers, etc?

agogo171, if you haven't downloaded the trial, download it and have a go yourself.

Did say that I worked with PDF's. It will open certain types of AI files but not specifically CS6 files and layers are flattened. I think because that AI files are PDF compatible that it is just the same PDF filter that is used so again you get the clipped groupings.
    Design is thinking made visual.

You did mention PDFs, I just asked because the OP didn't ask about PDF compatibility and might have assumed that AI CS6 compatibility was more than at the PDF level.