Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 'Out of Memory'? What does this mean and what can I do to stop it please?

Hi
    I keep getting an error message saying 'out of memory' ~ I have no idea what this means nor what I can do about it. Please can you help
    Thanks
    S.

Default Re: 'Out of Memory'? What does this mean and what can I do to stop it please?

It means that there is insufficient memory (RAM) available to complete the process.

If you are running 64bit version of Windows, did you install the 64bit version of WD9 Premium? If not, download and install that - you can have both versions installed using the same license.

If that doesn't fix the problem, it may be because you ;

[1] Have 4Gb or less RAM installed on your machine
    [2] Have too many other applications running at the same time as Web Designer
    [3] Have lot's of large hi-res photos on many pages in your current project
    [4] Have made heavy use of Fx
    [5] Have a very large amount of pages (hundreds?)

Things to try;

* Shut down all programs and reboot your computer, then open only Web Designer 9 and try again
    * Manually optimise all photos in your current project (Utilities menu) - save and close the document then re open it.
    * Lock all Fx or create bitmap copies (Ctrl+Shift+C) of the objects with applied Fx and delete the original object.
    * If your project has hundreds of pages, split the project into several .web files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 16 June 2013 at 10:27 PM.

Default Re: 'Out of Memory'? What does this mean and what can I do to stop it please?

Hi Sledger
    Thanks for your speedy reply. Seems to be sorted now after trying a few things on your list. Will remember in future not to have everything including the kitchen sink open at the same time lol.
    Many thanks
    S.

Just doing a website for a client who wanted it just like he previous site (doing well in google results) so he wants it done the same way, with the same software. So I am having to use xara webdesigner, it has 250 photos spread over 7 pages and to be honest we would normally do this in wordpress but the client wants it done in xara and for the first time ever I am getting 'memory low' on the laptop (4gb ram and win7 64bit but the installation of xara is 32bit). Upgrading to the 64bit version 9 next month (once new laptop has been delivered).
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk