Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default +newbie - be gently! Web designer new versionupdated- how to save it on my pc?

Hi. sorry if this makes no sense I will try to make clear.

I have recently purchased Xara Web designer 9 and downloaded and installed it. Then after the registration it downloaded and updated for me.
    But where is the downloaded and newer version file in case i have to reinstall. I am a beast for having a problem and removing and reinstalling software.

I loooked but there was no sign of the new updated installed on my pc but it had to be there as it did install.

Any clues? thanks.

Minsik.

Default Re: +newbie - be gently! Web designer new versionupdated- how to save it on my pc?

If you need to reinstall you can always download the latest version from xara.com.

Default Re: +newbie - be gently! Web designer new versionupdated- how to save it on my pc?

If you have to reinstall, remove the previous version (Control Panel > Remove Software), then renistall.

After you have reinstalled, then go to Help > Check for Updates. At this point, you will download and update the application.

The latest downloadable version will include the updates.

thanks for the replies. All pretty basic but all covered, thanks again.

Minsik

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The latest downloadable version will include the updates.
    Generally speaking - yes, but Web Designer 9 9.0.2 is the latest download version and there is a patch update for 9.0.3, but the full program installer was not recompiled.

Regardless, from version 8, if you install an older version and there is an update available it will let you know when you run the program and give you the option to download and install it so you'll then get the latest update available.