Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Shopify with Xara?

Has anyone used Shopify with a Xara designed site? Can it be embedded? I have a client who is interested in setting up an online shop and wants to integrate with their existing site that I designed in Xara, and they have been looking at Shopify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Shopify with Xara?

Seems to me that Shopify doesn't need wrapping in Xara Designer, those themes look very professional and they include responsive and mobile options.
    Certainly a lot cheaper than paying for someone to create a Xara Designer site only to embed something which looks great as it is (and will break any responsive theme a client wants to use).

Yes those themes seem great looking as they are

The Xara site is a pre existing one that I designed and maintain for the client and what I am hoping is to have some way of integrating a shopify shop and the site. I know I can always have a link on the site leading to the shop, but I'd like to a) make both the site and the shop look the same and b) bring the customer back to the site after they are done shopping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

I that case, have you considered using the 'Embed website' widget?

Yes I have thought about that and it's a possibility. I've been going through some of Shopify's help resources and I am impressed not only at the themes but at the level of customization available. I'm also looking at a possibility of being able to have a navigation link on the xara site that leads to the shopify store (easy enough) and a link on the shopify store that leads back to the Xara site (still checking this out)

I'd love to know if anyone else has used a shopify store with a Xara site and how they integrated them. Of course it all comes down to the client and they may change their minds about using shopify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I contacted shopify last year and their answer to this very question was a resounding NO - which is why we went with ecwid. A lot of the themes in hosted ecommerce such as shopify or bigcommerce or volusion can be modified with css.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Hi Skech, Ecwid is another solution that I may recommend to my client, one thing though about ecwid that I'm trying to figure out is in how to set up ecwid so that the client can pay for the store and give me access to the store for what I'll need to do. I like the way Ecwid can be embedded and what I would like is for the client to be able to run the store and my work on the website can't be messed with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You and your client can log into the Ecwid account from their website to edit the content of the shop. That bit doesn't need to be done within Web Designer.

Why not sign up for a free account and try it out.

Frances, I always set-up the ecwid store for the client, and then pass it on to them to add the products. Once that is done we hand over the ecwid account to them so that they can change passwords etc.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk