Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help creating this "glowing lines" effect

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I also remember Black Panther posting a mini tutorial for a glowing effect, I don't have time to search for it now but I'll try to get back with link later if no one else finds it in the meantime.
    Frances maybe you mean this one http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...light=tutorial

Hey, I tried to make a fast example of the way to do it... I mainly use gaussian blur and transparencies, I hope it helps Attached the .XAR file As I see on that site header there is a lot of blur & transparencies, try experementing with the settings
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glow.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	96687
    Blend tool gives a nice effect too!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glow2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	96689
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LogoMount; 16 June 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Scott

Are you are Xara users? There are more than enough really excellent solutions offered here. You will learn more if you try to follow some of these and then try to figure out how to make these work for you.

LogoMount I like how you did, especially the first one.

Maybe this topic could be once in a XaraXone tutorial, in the past also was similiar thread about abstract lines or something like that

Gary - yes, I've been using Xara for several years. Unfortunately, the only one that's really close to my example so far is the glowing text example shown in Black Panther's referenced post. The "color dodge" examples that I've found (for just about anything BUT Xara) are precisely the effect I'm trying to achieve. So, I'm looking for either something that truly approximates that or I will need to do it elsewhere. I've tried just about all of the solutions offered and none really quite get there. My own experiments have been only moderately successful, but have been in the general area of the other options offered so far.

As mentioned in my first post in the thread, I DO want to learn something more within Xara that will get me there, but the more I look at the other examples, the more I think I was on the right track to begin with and I'm possibly asking too much of XDP - at least without significantly more effort than would be needed in another application to do the same.

Do you have anything else to offer that might get me the same effects as Color dodge would?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    Yes that's the one Thanks for finding it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.