Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Install/Update Question

The new versions of the Web software can take advantage of 64bit. I am guessing that the next version of Pro X will also. I have been updating versions since my first use of Xara. Are updates a new install and, therefore can be installed as 64bit or are they tied to their 32bit history and unable to use the 64bit?

Dan

Default Re: Install/Update Question

I am not sure I understand your question (these days I am not so sure I understand anything).

I would expect that Designer Pro X9 will be available and that you can download and install both versions for one purchase/upgrade.

The advantage at this point to having both versions is the 64-bit does not support 32-bit Photoshop compatible filters.

Any updates for older versions (pre-64-bit versions) would be updated to 32-bit.

Xara has always allowed a number of instances against a bought licence. The 64-bit or 32-bit part is irrelevant as all you would be doing is activating a licence number.
    I have both running at home (32-bit) and laptop (64-bit) for XWD9P.

Acorn

Got it. Thanks.

Dan

You can also install and run the 32bit and 64bit versions on the same machine using the same version license.
    Note: having the 64bit version install will not mean that any 64bit Adobe plugins will be available to use, they aren't..