Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

551 from 956 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Holding 58% to CD 24%

Michael Ward
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk
    http://www.leighcenturions.net

We have more than doubled the votes, more than I had guessed we would do, this is amazing and right on. For once the "little guy" gets the proper attention and this is proof that XaraX is the NO #1 vector application going out there!!!!

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

With a cost comparision
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_poll.gif 
Views:	163 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	11706  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The chart would be even more interesting if it also indicated marketshare. A non-xaran looking at your chart might think the popularity of Xara is just a reflection of it's lower price. We know better. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I agree with that, but as we're all Xarians here we know XaraX's true value. Market share wouldn't reflect very well tho I suspect, as I would think Corel Draw to be the "indusrty standard" on the PC, with Adobe or Macromedia being the same on the Mac.
    Egg
    Egg

would rise dramatically if they ported or wrote fresh code for the Mac and Linux platforms. Maybe not much in the begining but could you imagine if they started to intergrate into this forum and the Xara Gallery forum, Talk Graphics would have to get a server upgrade to keep up with the traffic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

That's why I am hoping that XaraLtd. is keeping on eye on this poll and consider taking it further. Heck, HP/Compaq, Intel, NVidia and many others are doing it for both platforms, it would be great to close the gap even further having the most fabulous vector software out there available too!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Just MHO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Xara Ltd. have stated that it is highly unlikely there will ever be a port of Xara to the Mac. It has to do with the machine code in which xara's engine was written (and which makes Xara so fast) - it cannot be ported. Xara Ltd. is a relatively small company. Xara is the result of over 45-person-years of coding. It is not practical (or a good investment) for them to put their limited resources into developing a Mac version of the program. Furthermore as Gary P. has written - those Mac graphics types are satisfied using Illustrator/Photoshop and aren't out there craving new software to learn. CorelDraws efforts to market a Mac port of CorelDraw failed to achieve any significant marketshare even though it offered superior features to the established Mac programs of the day.

Where should Xara Ltd. invest its resources? My hope is they will continue to develop the current program - they have stated that is their intent. I'd like to see them enhance the Flash-related aspects and enhance the compatibility with other programs via import/export. There has been no hints that a new version is coming anytime soon.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>