Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi gang,

Yes, it's me, the guy with all the brush problems. If you read the "Wacom Hell" post I have cleared up my problem with the tablet, but I had to reload the computer compleatly, ICK!!.

So after loosing all the Xara info and brushes that I had downloaded [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] (fur brushes and all) I am starting over, so far so good. I am putting in a brush at a time and NO Crashes so far...hmmm, I probably just jinxed myself.

2 questions:

I see that some of the brushes have the option to colorize them (does that mean I can change the colors??) If I can change the colors, as an example I used Ivan's wonderful nullirid.xar brush that creates irradecent sand effect, it comes out blue, so If I wanted to change the color of the sand to say green how do I do this? I tried all the ways that I knew, dragging colors to the squares and it had no affect.

I discovered that in the Brushes folder there was 2 default brushes files but each file had another file next to it, I opened the .xar and the xp2 files in notepad and there was NO difference. So as I was adding the newer brushes to the folder I copied the brush and changed the file to a .xp2. Example: I saved a copy of the irid.xarand then made a copy of it and renamed it irid.xp2 and copied them both into the Brushes folder and have done this with 2 more brushes (Tinsel and the Relief brushes) I have NO crashes so far, and I am wondering if that is something I should be doing or if IS something that helps the program handle the newer brushes better????

Also, one other thing, again in the "Wacom Hell" post I included a new frame that I had created in XaraX and I really liked enough to post it, can someone check it out and tell me the secret of getting rid of all the little lines, I don't know how to make them invisible or delete them out. After I apply the bevel to the frame I get this outline to everything which I would prefer not to be there and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it, at least not that I can figure out.

Thanks gang

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS< I am not the best speller, as a suggestion, maybe this forum could add in a spell checker?!?
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi gang,

Yes, it's me, the guy with all the brush problems. If you read the "Wacom Hell" post I have cleared up my problem with the tablet, but I had to reload the computer compleatly, ICK!!.

So after loosing all the Xara info and brushes that I had downloaded [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] (fur brushes and all) I am starting over, so far so good. I am putting in a brush at a time and NO Crashes so far...hmmm, I probably just jinxed myself.

2 questions:

I see that some of the brushes have the option to colorize them (does that mean I can change the colors??) If I can change the colors, as an example I used Ivan's wonderful nullirid.xar brush that creates irradecent sand effect, it comes out blue, so If I wanted to change the color of the sand to say green how do I do this? I tried all the ways that I knew, dragging colors to the squares and it had no affect.

I discovered that in the Brushes folder there was 2 default brushes files but each file had another file next to it, I opened the .xar and the xp2 files in notepad and there was NO difference. So as I was adding the newer brushes to the folder I copied the brush and changed the file to a .xp2. Example: I saved a copy of the irid.xarand then made a copy of it and renamed it irid.xp2 and copied them both into the Brushes folder and have done this with 2 more brushes (Tinsel and the Relief brushes) I have NO crashes so far, and I am wondering if that is something I should be doing or if IS something that helps the program handle the newer brushes better????

Also, one other thing, again in the "Wacom Hell" post I included a new frame that I had created in XaraX and I really liked enough to post it, can someone check it out and tell me the secret of getting rid of all the little lines, I don't know how to make them invisible or delete them out. After I apply the bevel to the frame I get this outline to everything which I would prefer not to be there and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it, at least not that I can figure out.

Thanks gang

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS< I am not the best speller, as a suggestion, maybe this forum could add in a spell checker?!?
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Well, things WERE going well with loading new brushes in and then I started loading in the fur brushes (as Iv'e dubbed them, and other's too) the eider and the fox were the first, and YUP crash, crash, crash!! STill going to go out and get them all over again and the burn a CD to save them this time. Xara will resolve this in time. But this is just to let everyone know. Even with a fresh install and updates galore, including the Xara patch, still happens.

RAMWolff
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi RAMWolff,

One way to change the color of the brushstroke after you've drawn it, select the stroke and on the color bar, click the color you want to change the "fill" color to (in my case, this is the right mouse button).

As for the .xp2 files, I am guessing that those are backups of the default brush files that came with the program. For custom brushes, I just keep them in a folder called "custom brushes" and back up the whole folder elsewhere in case I need them.

If you want change the color of the what I call the "colorizable" brushes, right click on the colors yo choose in the color line. I it don't work, open the Edit brush panel and check "Named brush colors" in fill properties.

Otherwise, I said you some bugs remains particularly with brushes containing bitmaps (like the furs brushes). But I can work with these brushes and some care and I don't discourage!

Friendly yours,

ivan
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]