Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Custom Navigation bar = pain!

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    OK when I do that "Ctrl+Click to select the yellow rectangle.." I can certainly delete the square, but there is no option to "replace" the square. I don't get the option to "replace" the current yellow square with the one I just copied or can import and replace? I still don't see how to do this. I just need that more golden square there to replace your bright yellow square.
    Just replace the yellow colour using the colour picker to copy the 'golden' tile colour.

And and even bigger problem is, I can't get the whole thing to act as one nav bar.
    Delete all but the far left button and then from the Navbar dialogue, 'Double-click to add new button'

Changes made to attached file (you can handle the button background colour again )
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't know how you do it but you're amazing with this stuff! Even the color is great!

What is the purpose though of the backing or nav bar that's kinda dead behind the main one? Once I added in the links it didn't get updated and just sits there.

So Sledger, do you work for Xara or just a user and fan? If your just a fan I think they should hire you based just on how much you know about those of us using the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Just replace the yellow colour using the colour picker to copy the 'golden' tile colour.

Delete all but the far left button and then from the Navbar dialogue, 'Double-click to add new button'

Changes made to attached file (you can handle the button background colour again )

Sledger, I think I have one last question and then this website is done. I'm noticing inside Premium 9 there is a white frame around the page I'm working on and for all the pages for the website. But, then once I upload it the white frame around the perimeter of the page is gone.

As I look at some of these pages they wanted, they really could use that white page perimeter border. Do you happen to know how to add this?

Sledger, one more thing. I lost my dotted white line around the page in the program to help me know where the borders of the page are. How do I get this back?
    Last edited by trnhockey; 05 June 2013 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey
    ... there is a white frame around the page I'm working on and for all the pages for the website. But, then once I upload it the white frame around the perimeter of the page is gone. Do you happen to know how to add this?
    Not gone, never there in the first place. This is just the page border guide while editing, it's not something that is ever applied to the design.
    If you want to add a border to your page, create a large rectangle with a 1px line width and no fill then put it to the back (ctlr+b). You might need to do a bit of re jigging or just uncheck page clipping in Website properties.

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey
    LATER... Sledger, one more thing! I lost my dotted white line around the page in the program to help me know where the borders of the page are. How do I get this back?
    If you are referring to the ruler guides, you may have accidentally hidden the guide layer - press '1' on the numeric keypad.

And no, I don't work for Xara - but yes, I should be paid tons of money.. Feel free

Well seriously, I mean I seem to be helped by you more than support. You definitely deserve to be hired by Xara and you know your stuff.

Thanks for all your help again Sledger. I don't know what I would have done without it.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Not gone, never there in the first place. This is just the page border guide while editing, it's not something that is ever applied to the design.
    If you want to add a border to your page, create a large rectangle with a 1px line width and no fill then put it to the back (ctlr+b). You might need to do a bit of re jigging or just uncheck page clipping in Website properties.

If you are referring to the ruler guides, you may have accidentally hidden the guide layer - press '1' on the numeric keypad.

And no, I don't work for Xara - but yes, I should be paid tons of money.. Feel free

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    Well seriously, I mean I seem to be helped by you more than support. You definitely deserve to be hired by Xara and you know your stuff.

Thanks for all your help again Sledger. I don't know what I would have done without it.
    +1

Three Cheerz SLEDGER :-) Top man :-) Mr Xara :-)