Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My new web site!

Hi All,

Here's the link to my new art web site:

http://jondavids-artisticvisions.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JDAV Home.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	96503  
    Last edited by angelize; 03 June 2013 at 06:23 AM. Reason: fixed link

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: My new web site!

Very nice. I think that the mouse overs on the details page look nice but it would be better to have something in the blue rectangle to start perhaps just instructions to mouse over the questions and see the answers here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Here's my thoughts.

The very first word on the first paragraph on the website has a spelling mistake! Browse

The two paragraph titles (in blue) on the home page are different font sizes.

The pages hop about a bit - your name moves on the header between the home page and others and the pages do a bit of a shuffle as you move between tabs.

Perhaps you can add your name to the page titles?

Personally I think it's a mistake to show a painting on a site like this in a frame you won't sell to the customer. I think on balance showing the image without a frame works better ( some frames I think don't suit the painting - but that may just be me). Some people may not be buying contemporary images because they don't like the frame it's show in. Some people may not want a frame. Personally, I probably wouldn't put your colourfull contemporary work in a frame, but if I were to choose a frame it would be black and simple to suit the contemporary content. Just the way I think about this. A frame also tends to skew the sense of scale about the size of an artwork.

Lastly, telling me that others charge more for their work than you, doesn't make me more inclined to buy. It makes me wonder if your work is cheaper for a reason. Better to let me choose if I like the work and can afford the price than accidentally sow doubt in my mind. I'd rather think it's great work at a good price than being a cheaper product. I may be wrong about this, but that was my first thought - why is the first paragraph telling me the artwork is cheap? I think people decide if they like the work first then think if they can afford it or not and I doubt I'd be concerned about what others charge if I'm trying to decide to buy your work or not.

I've made a few points, not that many, and I like the design in general, so don't take my comments to heart and I'd hope you get a few more opinions. In general - good job and some nice work. I wish you well.

Clearly a lot of work has gone into the site. My main observation is that there is too much blue, I like to see sites which showcase artwork with a white background and theme, with light greys so that it showcases the actual artwork, whether that is canvas or photographs, just as they do in galleries.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Beautiful artwork John.

Hi,

Well done. You really did a great job.
    Just one question: which font did you use for the title "Artistic vision" ?

"Perfection is when there is nothing to remove" (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Jon,

Did you visit all those places to take the photographs?

There are some very stylish settings.

Paul