Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop up Layer Quirk???

A strange thing happened a few times.

I have a pop up layer that shows when clicking an object.
    The pop up layer is long so I provided a link at the bottom that returns the view to an anchor (rectangular bar)

When I preview the page and open the pop up layer this is what happens.

Regarding the Pop Up Layer....
    When I have the auto close checked and I hit the back to the top link I see nothing.
    When I have the box unchecked and I hit the back to the top link I see the page displayed as I should.

Any idea why this is happening? I am working on my webpage so it is not live and I can't direct you to it.

Diana

Default Re: Pop up Layer Quirk???

Diana, give your top rectangle a Name that the bottom link uses as an Anchor.
    This way works for either selection of the close pop-up layer automatically.

I have placed my Anchor item on the layer and the MouseOff layer and it works equally well.

I have assumed that the length of the pop-up layer is still shorter that the page itself.

Acorn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Diana, give your top rectangle a Name that the bottom link uses as an Anchor.
    This way works for either selection of the close pop-up layer automatically.

I have placed my Anchor item on the layer and the MouseOff layer and it works equally well.

I have assumed that the length of the pop-up layer is still shorter that the page itself.

Acorn
    I did my anchor is called bar and the the link is set to anchor "bar"
    The popup layer is still within the page limits. what is happening is the popup layer is going away and I am still at the bottom of the page which is blank because the popup layer contains more info than anything else on that page.

I don't understand what you mean about the mouse off layer. I tried creating 2 objects and putting one in the mouse off layer but that didn't work. I am not sure if I did it correctly.

Diana

Diana, I tried it again and managed to recreate your quirk.

The only way I have managed to then handle it is to add a short Fade transition setting to the link that opens the pop-up layer.
    The attached behaves as you would expect for the pop-up having a Close icon.

If you tick "Close popup automatically", the time the fade takes to close the pop-up layer is enough to move to the top of the page or layer, depending on which Anchor you click at the bottom of the layer.

PopUp Quirk.web

Acorn

thanks for the test!